RC deluxe drink package question again.

kelbell

I tried to post on RC but it wouldn't open up, so here I am.

If you purchase the deluxe drink package do you have to purchase for entire cruise.

ARe you allowed to purchase the package say two days in, and if so are you charged for

the days you didn't purchase, or are u charged just for the days left on the cruise? 

Thank you.

If you purchase on board for Royal Caribbean, during the cruise, you pay for the remaining days (actually nights).

You do not pay for time before you purchase.  That said, the onboard price is typically much higher than the before the cruise prices.  So waiting a day or two, may not actually save money.  

On some ships, they may offer a drink card after a few days.  This is normally around $70 (plus gratuities) and is good for 10 drinks.  So a bit of a savings.

The drink packages do work on their private islands (Coco Cay and Labadee).  

Thank you SRF.  I was being schooled with the "know it all" of the family.

If you can feel my pain, I was hoping someone on the boards would have 

first hand knowledge.  ANd the kicker is We don't really drink, it's all I can

do to finish the wine we bring on board.  we cruise twice a year and this person barely

23........ nephews new wife ugh!!!!!.Cantwait to cruise with them.....🤐  Being

humble not in her DNA!!!!!!   Lol sorry for the rant!

If purchasing on-board, you're probably looking at $70/day, and there must be at least four days left in the cruise to purchase.  As stated, you are only charged for the days remaining, not the days already gone by.

Definitely do the math to determine how "worth it" the package is.  I know some people who break even by lunch, and others who never even come close to breaking even.

How many port days, and whether a private island (Coco Cay or Labadee) is one of those ports should be one factor in doing the math.  Four port days, with none of them being a private island, makes it much harder to get your money's worth. 

How many latte/espresso/cappuccino drinks, bottles of water, breakfast fresh-squeezed juices, and alcoholic drinks one is likely to engage in EVERY day is another factor.  You may have eight drinks one day, but only four another.  

Many people would be better off with a soda package or refreshment package and then paying for drinks individually.  You don't HAVE to pay for a booze package, by any means.

17 hours ago, franncos said:

Does anyone know the price of a normal soda? Trying  to see of the soda package is worth it.

If you will have more than two soda/pop drinks per day, get the package.  One at lunch, one at dinner, and one at a show -- it's worth your money.  

26 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Thank you SRF.  I was being schooled with the "know it all" of the family.

If you can feel my pain, I was hoping someone on the boards would have 

first hand knowledge.  ANd the kicker is We don't really drink, it's all I can

do to finish the wine we bring on board.  we cruise twice a year and this person barely

23........ nephews new wife ugh!!!!!.Cantwait to cruise with them.....🤐  Being

humble not in her DNA!!!!!!   Lol sorry for the rant!

If you don't really drink, I would not get the package. You will be forcing yourself to drink to feel like you justified spending hundreds of dollars. They do not let you buy the package for just a few days. All or nothing.

20 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

If you don't really drink, I would not get the package. You will be forcing yourself to drink to feel like you justified spending hundreds of dollars. They do not let you buy the package for just a few days. All or nothing.

Actually, @Joebucks, you are wrong on your last point.

You CAN buy the drink package partway through the cruise, as long as there are at least four days remaining.  

However, I totally agree with your first point.  Most people shouldn't bother with the drink package, and instead set aside that amount of money for their bar bill and pocket any savings.

38 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Actually, @Joebucks, you are wrong on your last point.

You CAN buy the drink package partway through the cruise, as long as there are at least four days remaining.  

However, I totally agree with your first point.  Most people shouldn't bother with the drink package, and instead set aside that amount of money for their bar bill and pocket any savings.

You're right. I got that part wrong.

It depends on the person.

If I have the drink package, I will drink enough on sea days, mainly around the pool, to make it pay.

If I don't have the drink package, I drink less.  Not because with the package I force myself to drink, but if I don't have it, I think about the price of each drink. 😄

We have done it both ways, both ways worked for us.