Montreal hotel

Jiffymom

Given you'll be taking the train, I'd look at staying at one of the hotels connected to Gare Centrale  - Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth, the Hotel Bonaventure, and the Marriott Chateau Champlain are all connected via underground tunnels. I personally have stayed at the Marriott a few times and very much enjoyed my stays.

If it's in your budget, the Fairmont Lizzie is excellent, especially the Gold Floor - and it doesn't get any more convenient for the train as it is right on top, no tunnels required, an escalator from the lobby goes down to the station. There's a thread with loads of Montreal hotel, sights, food etc. kicking around, I just don't think it's had any updates since last season ended so it's back on the second or third page of this board... try this link, should go to the last (newest) page of the thread.

4 hours ago, Twickenham said:

Given you'll be taking the train, I'd look at staying at one of the hotels connected to Gare Centrale  - Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth, the Hotel Bonaventure, and the Marriott Chateau Champlain are all connected via underground tunnels. I personally have stayed at the Marriott a few times and very much enjoyed my stays.

We reserved Le Dauphin.  But will Keep my eye out for  good deal for Fairmount Elizabeth.

we don’t need the room till next October. Thanks for your suggestions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! We are in Montreal for 2 days pre-cruise and will do just some general sightseeing while there. We reserved a private service for transport to Quebec City the day of the cruise since the ship will overnight there. Would downtown Montreal be a good area to get a hotel and close to most points of general interest? Would Queen Elizabeth be a good choice even if not using the train? Are there any downsides to that hotel? They all seem pretty similar. Thanks for any help! 

Just now, PhilNDebbieAtSea said:

Hello! We are in Montreal for 2 days pre-cruise and will do just some general sightseeing while there. We reserved a private service for transport to Quebec City the day of the cruise since the ship will overnight there. Would downtown Montreal be a good area to get a hotel and close to most points of general interest? Would Queen Elizabeth be a good choice even if not using the train? Are there any downsides to that hotel? They all seem pretty similar. Thanks for any help! 

I would  stay in Old Montreal  easy to walk most places  & lots of restaurnat to choose from

We like the Springhill Suites   but there are lots of  small boutique hotels in the area

We have a VRBO rental reserved. Apparently convenient to the sights and very affordable.  Plus, we can eat a few meals there if we wish and save some $$$.  There is an open air market just down the street that could be fun to pick up some fresh, local food for dinner one night and also for breakfast.  We will be there for 3 nights prior to taking the train to QC.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

We love the Queen Elizabeth hotel.

The Queen Elizabeth is a very good hotel for downtown Montreal.  There are all kinds of choices but if you can get a price you’re comfortable with.... go for it.