So many massages....

sparklplenty

...so little time 😉

Yes, it's only January and I'm already anticipating our December cruise (first time on SD!), but who can blame me?

Whilst perusing the spa menu, the sheer variety of massage options overwhelmed....help!  Any advice from more seasoned SD folks about which massage services you absolutely loved would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

We're onboard in 4 weeks, I never get a massage onboard because I can't bring myself to leave the pool and sun. I'll let you know which ones my family liked after we sail. At least one day, they usually do short massages by the pool - which is my idea of heaven! You'll love SeaDream, it's really something unique and special!

Our TA's package of perks always includes a spa credit, so I just have to force myself to go to the spa each trip. 😉

I have enjoyed the aromatherapy and deep tissue massages, but would not repeat the traditional Thai massage.  My fault for not knowing what it entailed - the therapist climbed on my back and used her knees (and feet too, I think!) to work on my back.  For me, it crossed the line to pain, and I almost asked her to stop.  Thankfully, it transitioned to a more typical massage for the second half!

The spa therapists are so nice and eager to please.  I look forward to spending time in the spa when we are on SD 1 next month!

Edited by Mrs_Tiki

On 1/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, piratelooksat45 said:

We're onboard in 4 weeks, I never get a massage onboard because I can't bring myself to leave the pool and sun. I'll let you know which ones my family liked after we sail. At least one day, they usually do short massages by the pool - which is my idea of heaven! You'll love SeaDream, it's really something unique and special!

Pirate, are you on the SD1 March 2 sailing?  If so, we will see you onboard!

On 2/3/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mrs_Tiki said:

I have enjoyed the aromatherapy and deep tissue massages, but would not repeat the traditional Thai massage.  My fault for not knowing what it entailed - the therapist climbed on my back and used her knees (and feet too, I think!) to work on my back.  For me, it crossed the line to pain, and I almost asked her to stop.  

Wow...I'd no idea about the Thai massage!  I know my back couldn't handle that, so that one's crossed off the list. My back thanks you for the info!

Such a lovely research task this is ...😉

2 hours ago, back1817 said:

Is tipping expected in the spa for massages and other services?

I don't know if it is expected. On the slip you sign to pay, there is no separate line for gratuity, but a tip can be written in and added to the total. I do tip in the spa, but I have no idea what others due.

Just returned from SD 1 last week and I scheduled a 45 minute back Thai massage.  I was having some lower back issues.  It truly was one of the best massages I've ever had.  Yes, she crawled up my back, but you could hardly feel her.  I like a firm massage and she kept asking me if it was too much.  My niece and nephew both had the same massage and also loved it.  He doesn't like a real firm massage and she adjusted according.  I totally recommend it!