Change from balcony to suite- lose promotion?

bemis12

11 hours ago, bemis12 said:

No, I told her that under no circumstances would I give up the S&S.  She had to put me on hold to get permission, but no problem. 

It still shows in my booking.  :classic_cool:

Will you please call for me?  Which cruise are you on?  I was hoping I could use your situation as an example.  

13 hours ago, bemis12 said:

I guess it can.  I just called again  and got what I asked for.  AND for $190 less PP than the person on Tuesday quoted me (while giving up my Beverage Package).

Thanks all for the advice!  I'm gonna be a hero when I tell her.

It sounds to me like you got an 'Upsell' without it being named that.  I wonder if they will let some do it and others not due to their Circle level?  I'm sticking to the theory that when a caller gets put on hold, they are checking to see if the sailing date is close enough that they can offer an Upsell yet.  They probably don't articulate that's what they did because they don't want to start an avalanche of calls requesting upsells.  Am I correct in my belief that when you purchase an Upsell, you get to keep the original promotion?

30 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It sounds to me like you got an 'Upsell' without it being named that.  I wonder if they will let some do it and others not due to their Circle level?  I'm sticking to the theory that when a caller gets put on hold, they are checking to see if the sailing date is close enough that they can offer an Upsell yet.  They probably don't articulate that's what they did because they don't want to start an avalanche of calls requesting upsells.  Am I correct in my belief that when you purchase an Upsell, you get to keep the original promotion?

Yes when you accept an upsell you keep your original promotion.  At least that has happened the 4 times or so we have done it.

Edited by cheeseclan

40 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

That's fine, you may call it whatever you wish.  I called and told them what I wanted, and they accommodated me.

My Circle level is..... zero with Princess, so not that...........

8 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

That's fine, you may call it whatever you wish.  I called and told them what I wanted, and they accommodated me.

My Circle level is..... zero with Princess, so not that...........

aha - that's the 'hook!' - gotta treat those new to Princess cruisers 'special' so they will come back :classic_cool:

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

aha - that's the 'hook!' - gotta treat those new to Princess cruisers 'special' so they will come back :classic_cool:

I tried yelling "I'm Elite!", but they said "So is everyone else.  What else ya got?".

Edited by bemis12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

This is what really irks me, when we find a lower fare and want to upgrade, but never have any luck retaining the original perks in the booking. My husband has called 3 times in the last 2 weeks to upgrade because the fares have lowered, and he gets the same answer: you will give up your original promo. He is quite persistent, but it never happens for us. 

I tried...again...Princess Rep and Customer Relations, but no luck.  Back to hoping for an upsell.  Basically we booked 1 1/2 years in advance to save ONE DOLLAR.  

In the future, I think I'll just wait for last minute space.  We are retired and have that flexibility.  

• Like 1

There is a difference between asking for a price drop and upgrading your cabin without losing your perks. Usually with a price drop you must take into consideration the perks you will lose to see if the price change is worth asking about.

As you can see on this thread,upgrading can allow you to keep those perks.

34 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

There is a difference between asking for a price drop and upgrading your cabin without losing your perks. Usually with a price drop you must take into consideration the perks you will lose to see if the price change is worth asking about.

As you can see on this thread,upgrading can allow you to keep those perks.

We were trying to upgrade, but would lose our perks.  Princess said it is because we are after final payment.  

20 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

We were trying to upgrade, but would lose our perks.  Princess said it is because we are after final payment.  

Maybe you are offering to 'trade in' a stateroom that would be harder for Princess to sell.  I can see Princess making a deal if what they are getting is something they know will move at a good price.  I don't know, I've never gotten an upsell or upgrade from Princess, but I'm learning here.