I need help finding the UGLIEST Hawaiian shirt ever made.

BangorSmitty

So I've got a cruise coming up with NCL in March and there's a group of 15 or so of us that are going. The group has decided to have an "Ugly Hawaiian Shirt Contest" during one of our sea days and I'll be damned if someone wins over me. Most of my wardrobe is hideous as is, but I want to take it to the next level. 

Now, I searched on Amazon and found a shirt with a sloth riding a T-Rex, shooting lasers from its eyes ... and when I got it, the screen printing was so bad I sent it back. I don't much trust Amazon now, but I figured if anyone knew where to find something to win, it'd be this community. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I can search? I've never used sites like Etsy or anything ... do they offer something like that? Or is there a place I can order a custom Hawaiian shirt? If I could get one with my brother-in-laws face on it, even better.

Thanks in advance, guys. Everybody is always so helpful here.

Rather than try to find something with an "ugly" print, look for a tropical/Hawaiian shirt with colors so bright you have to wear sunglasses to look at it. I have one that fits that description. It has parrots on it, and the colors are very vivid red, orange and yellow. It makes your eyes hurt just to look at it. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

Rather than try to find something with an "ugly" print, look for a tropical/Hawaiian shirt with colors so bright you have to wear sunglasses to look at it. I have one that fits that description. It has parrots on it, and the colors are very vivid red, orange and yellow. It makes your eyes hurt just to look at it. :classic_biggrin:

That would do it.

7 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

The nice people at alohaland.com might be able to help.  They've got some pretty eye-watering basics and might be able to incorporate photos for that personal touch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travelnap said:

I checked out the web site.  I don't know how he is going to pick, there are a lot of ugly shirts to choose from.

YES THERE ARE. 

Is there a place that does custom shirts that anybody knows of? I was thinking about it last night and if I could get a picture of my brother-in-law on a shirt, that'd definitely win.  ;)

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Maybe one of those online t-shirt places...you could put an ugly aloha pattern on the front and your BIL on the back. 

Hilo Hattie has some ugly ones, too: https://www.hilohattie.com/collections/hawaiian-shirts

EM 

I was going to say Hilo Hatties - quintessential cheesy, ugly, totally touristy shirts...  But, just look through all the hawaiian shirt shops online and you'll be sure to find something.   

Or, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert and buy one off any Parroted...

Edited by slidergirl

5 hours ago, travelnap said:

I checked out the web site.  I don't know how he is going to pick, there are a lot of ugly shirts to choose from.

Yeah, like I said, he needs to know who is doing the picking because otherwise he is in trouble.

19 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I was going to say Hilo Hatties - quintessential cheesy, ugly, totally touristy shirts...  But, just look through all the hawaiian shirt shops online and you'll be sure to find something.   

Or, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert and buy one off any Parroted...

Is Hilo Hatties elsewhere or only in Hawaii.

5 hours ago, BangorSmitty said:

YES THERE ARE. 

Is there a place that does custom shirts that anybody knows of? I was thinking about it last night and if I could get a picture of my brother-in-law on a shirt, that'd definitely win.  😉

That may be a winner, especially if the pic of your BIL is not a flattering one .

checked out that website and damn ... not even close to a winner IMO

the last ugly aloha I bought I paid $9 for it NEW and I provide below <I must admit that wearing this on my most recent RCCL cruise I was complimented several times ..... >

first .. if you want a really horrid shirt do not go to a decent place!  I buy many of mine thru the crap catalog outlets like Lighterside.com ..... I buy a Santa Aloha shirt there every year and my church looks forward to my new one!!

100_0419.JPG

in prep for a cruise I bought an aloha shirt from Walmart thinking it pretty ugly ..... silly me, I saw at least 10 other guys wearing it during the cruise!

I'd send you this one but this site does not support messages ......

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

Have you checked eBay? You could get a vintage one. 

Definitely check Hilo Hattie’s. They used to have an Orlando store but I think they’re strictly Hawaii now. 

Surf shops have them, too. 

Ron Jon in Cocoa Beach has lots of them. 

Try the thrift shops in your area. I've lived all over this country (only slight exaggeration) and find lots of aloha shirts everywhere. Bonus is that you probably won't see a dozen other guys in the same shirt and you can donate it back afterwards. As they say onboard, "washy-washy" and might find more than one!:classic_cool:

On 1/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, BangorSmitty said:

So I've got a cruise coming up with NCL in March and there's a group of 15 or so of us that are going. The group has decided to have an "Ugly Hawaiian Shirt Contest" during one of our sea days and I'll be damned if someone wins over me. Most of my wardrobe is hideous as is, but I want to take it to the next level. 

Now, I searched on Amazon and found a shirt with a sloth riding a T-Rex, shooting lasers from its eyes ... and when I got it, the screen printing was so bad I sent it back. I don't much trust Amazon now, but I figured if anyone knew where to find something to win, it'd be this community. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I can search? I've never used sites like Etsy or anything ... do they offer something like that? Or is there a place I can order a custom Hawaiian shirt? If I could get one with my brother-in-laws face on it, even better.

Thanks in advance, guys. Everybody is always so helpful here.

Google  to fin dsellers ofHawaiin goods on   line