San Pedro Parking

HellooKitty

On 1/23/2019 at 3:24 AM, HellooKitty said:

Hello!

Other than the port $18/day parking, do  you have any other suggestions where we can park cheaper? 

Thank you!

We always stay at the Double Tree the night before the cruise - cost of the hotel room is generally cheaper than the cost of parking at the port. We leave our car in the hotel parking lot and they provide shuttle service to the port.

Edited by RSF Cruiser

On 1/26/2019 at 8:33 AM, HellooKitty said:

Thanks for all the replies!  Haven't found parking other than the San Pedro port parking.  Oh well! 

If you find something, would you post about it here?  I was searching and haven't found anything either.  Obviously, I'm trying to find the cheapest option (and I'm not friendly enough with my neighbors to ask for a ride and pick up.  It's about an hour drive to the port for us.).  I thought about getting a Lyft, but the round trip cost is about the same as parking at the pier for the week.  

Sorry, we didn't find anywhere else to park except for the port.  We heard from friends who sailed from this port that the parking is very convenient...

I checked into several hotels but they were all expensive as well (even more than the port for the whole package).  

17 hours ago, HellooKitty said:

Sorry, we didn't find anywhere else to park except for the port.  We heard from friends who sailed from this port that the parking is very convenient...

I checked into several hotels but they were all expensive as well (even more than the port for the whole package).  

Thanks for the info!

Kitty, I always park at the port.  Not cheap, about $18 per day.  But I pull up to the terminal building, give my bags to one of the porters, and go park the car.  I take a reasonably short walk to the terminal building, with my luggage already out of my hands -- so I have just my carry-on, with my medicines, camera, jewelry and other valuables.  It is so convenient, hassle-free!!

On 2/4/2019 at 2:49 PM, Mike45LC said:

Kitty, I always park at the port.  Not cheap, about $18 per day.  But I pull up to the terminal building, give my bags to one of the porters, and go park the car.  I take a reasonably short walk to the terminal building, with my luggage already out of my hands -- so I have just my carry-on, with my medicines, camera, jewelry and other valuables.  It is so convenient, hassle-free!!

Yes, so true about the convenience of this.  I would actually do this again if we sail out of this port.  You pay for the convenience and the car was safe for the week.  

Thank you!! 

• 2 weeks later...