Odd shaped cabins on Fortuna & Magica

Wansbrough

I have been doing a bit of cabin research and some of the following cabins on Fortuna/Destiny class (Fortuna & Magica) have come up as available. They at the aft on deck 6 - 6451, 6459, 6424 & 6432

Can anyone shed any light on them?  The appeal is they seem to have a rather long balcony.

6451, 6459, 6424 & 6432.PNG

Costa Fortuna Aft.JPG

Edited by Wansbrough

Hi

Not been in one of those but the upgrade fairy gave us one of the aft suites last year on the Fascinosa(slightly similar to the pink ones on the deckplan). The balcony was huge but it was November and pretty cold.

I think the ones you are looking at might also be suites or mini-suites. Not sure. The cabins look a very odd shape.

Riana

2 hours ago, alicat58 said:

Hi

Not been in one of those but the upgrade fairy gave us one of the aft suites last year on the Fascinosa(slightly similar to the pink ones on the deckplan). The balcony was huge but it was November and pretty cold.

I think the ones you are looking at might also be suites or mini-suites. Not sure. The cabins look a very odd shape.

Riana

They came up as a Premium Balcony during a dummy booking run and also the colour code suggests the same. Perhaps I should try a search for the Carnival equivalent?

I have found a thread on Cruise Critic for the same cabins on Carnival Victory.

Carnival Triumph/Victory cabin 6451/6459/6424/6432

Its back from 2009 but there are still a few photos. Our TA said she had asked around her colleagues and the big white rectangle is a crew staircase. Not sure how much noise you would get from that.

39.jpg

Hi Wansbrough,,

Had these on many a cruise with Costa they are classified as Suites or Mini-suites, the odd shape is a longish 'Hallway' leading to a wardrobe area and then bathroom some ships have this wrap around balcony.

Don't think they have changed them into premium balconies but who knows with Costa, by the time you read this they will probably  be inside cabins.