New Ships - Project "Triton" ?

PopFla

The Port Canaveral Authority has disclosed plans entitled "Project Triton" related to port modifications necessary to accommodate the three as-yet-unnamed LNG powered DCL ships. That raises the question - is the first of those three ships going to be named "Triton" ? DCL's first two ships are referred to as "Magic class" and their next two are "Dream class", having been so dubbed with the name of the first ships in those classes. Not that my opinion matters, but personally I don't care for that possibly being the ship's name. 

Here's info on the Port's plans - - https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2019/01/triton-class-confirmed-as-the-project-name-for-disney-cruise-lines-lng-powered-new-builds/

Thanks for the info.  I also am not a fan of either "Triton" or "Trident" being the name of the next DCL ship.  Hopefully that is just the project name.  And while it seems traditional for a class of ships to be named after the first ship in that class, not everyone does that.  Since ~2001, Holland America Line (HAL) has introduced the "Vista class," "Signature class," and "Pinnacle class" but none of their ships are named Vista, Signature, or Pinnacle.  So, maybe DCL will do something similar. 

As the Twitter discussion in the linked page mentions, there are three ships planned for the new class.  Also, it will be the third set of Disney ships.  Trident is a three pronged item, and Triton starts with "tri" as well, so this could just be a placeholder name for the three ships in the third class. 

Granted, if King Triton were chosen to appear on the next DCL ship as either a statue on the stern or as a statue in the lobby, that would be fitting, I think.  Ariel is already in the lobby of the Disney Wonder, so fitting to have King Triton in the Lobby of Disney ship, take 5. And DCL seems to alternate between male and female characters in the lobby of the ships, so next in the pattern would be male (plus an art deco interior style).  The 6th ship would then have a female lobby statue and art nouveau interior design.   

Speaking of which, I wonder if the lobby of the 7th ship might have a couple in the lobby artwork.  Maybe Cinderella and Prince Charming? Belle and the Beast?  If so, I wonder if the interior design might be more modern, and a departure from the existing two styles.  I am not sure it would make sense to have the ship interior be half art deco and half art nouveau.

Or maybe DCL has something completely different in mind.  Well, I guess we wait until the annual stockholder meeting and for the 2019 D23 Expo to hear more.