Overnight in HaLong Bay from Millennium

ac110

Arriving HaLong Bay March 12, 2019 on Millennium. Itinerary states our ship docks at noon at new HaLong International Cruise Port (Hon Gai Passenger Terminal). It is a 20 min. taxi to Tuan Chau pier where overnight junks depart from and they depart by 12:30pm, so too risky to book. Has anyone taken an overnight junk, when cruise ship docks at noon? Two Vietnam travel consultants have said our only option is a 2-person private junk, which would of course wait for us - but we would prefer to have a least a small group of other travellers sailing with us. Thanks!

We had the same problem... all the overnight junks departing before our arrival.

In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't take the overnight option.

With other roll callers, we booked through Travel Authentic Asia a full day in Halong Bay, starting at 9AM, and it was wonderful. We had more than 6 hours on the Bay, and it was enough.

We are on the same cruise and have booked with Authentic Asia for a one day cruise through the roll call.  Have you looked there?    There are a couple of groups formed but I don’t know if they have spaces left.

Sheila

We had the overnight stay on Millenium last Spring.

We did a 7 hour Halong Bay cruise and a half day City tour (museum, fish market - the sights sounds and smell etc.), both booked through Travel Authentic Asia, great service when booking and during the tours.

We got the group together via the cruise roll call.

I think the overnight junk tour is an overkill, there is so much to do and see in and around Halong City. Getting the group / tour together via the roll call then it is a private tour and you can tailor it to your specific needs.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bubbachief said:

Have had a problem getting a response from Authentic Asia. What email address did you use?

It took Ngoan sometimes 3-4 days to reply. No worries.

ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com

Ngoan

Ps: Please note my second email address: travelauthenticasia@gmail.comIf you can not get through my main account by any reason.

Le Thi Ngoan
Travel Consultant - Travel Authentic Asia
Cell: +84 903 432 999 (What's App) -Vietnam dial 0903 432 999
Email: ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com/travelauthenticasia@gmail.com

Working office: Suite 2001-South Tower buidling, 8 Tran Thu Do str. Hoang Mai, Hanoi
Office phone +84-24-66 89 49 49 - Vietnam dial: 024-66 89 49 49
Company hotline (What's App): +84 912221442 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, smtcan said:

We are on the same cruise and have booked with Authentic Asia for a one day cruise through the roll call.  Have you looked there?    There are a couple of groups formed but I don’t know if they have spaces left.

Sheila

Thank you. I have sent an email to the travel agent at Travel AuthenticAsia to enquire.

20180110_114107_HDR.thumb.jpg.0d5e07407e794f4708c7409fe318a309.jpgWe did a group tour though our Roll Call that was for 10 hours.  We thought it would be great touring the bay longer than the 4 hr tourist junks but what we didn't expect was how cold it was.  This is a shot of us on the top deck for a very short time.  Even inside the junk we were all freezing and wanted to just go home.  LOL

Hopefully it will be much warmer in March than it was in January.  One thing to keep in mind also.  The ship may overnight in Halong Bay BUT the tenders do not run all night.  Make sure you know when the last one is going back if you're going to be out late.

Enjoy!!!

17 hours ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

20180110_114107_HDR.thumb.jpg.0d5e07407e794f4708c7409fe318a309.jpgWe did a group tour though our Roll Call that was for 10 hours.  We thought it would be great touring the bay longer than the 4 hr tourist junks but what we didn't expect was how cold it was.  This is a shot of us on the top deck for a very short time.  Even inside the junk we were all freezing and wanted to just go home.  LOL

Hopefully it will be much warmer in March than it was in January.  One thing to keep in mind also.  The ship may overnight in Halong Bay BUT the tenders do not run all night.  Make sure you know when the last one is going back if you're going to be out late.

Enjoy!!!

Thank you for the information.

Apparently Celebrity Millennium was the first cruise ship to dock at the new International Cruise port in November 2018 so thankfully the issues with tenders is now resolved. We will be sure to have a the right outerwear to be able to enjoy HaLong Bay. We appreciate the heads up!

On 1/24/2019 at 4:29 AM, G.M.T. said:

We had the overnight stay on Millenium last Spring.

We did a 7 hour Halong Bay cruise and a half day City tour (museum, fish market - the sights sounds and smell etc.), both booked through Travel Authentic Asia, great service when booking and during the tours.

We got the group together via the cruise roll call.

I think the overnight junk tour is an overkill, there is so much to do and see in and around Halong City. Getting the group / tour together via the roll call then it is a private tour and you can tailor it to your specific needs.

Have a great cruise.

We're doing an overnight in October, mainly for the experience.  I know we are missing out on other things in Halong, but most people who do the overnight on a really nice junk say it's the highlight of their cruise vacation.  After 3-4 days in Hong Kong and then our first day on the ship, it will be good to recharge doing this.  Hope we made the right choice.