Packing Jewelry especially necklaces

Biscuit1947

I had struggled with this for quite a while. I have several jewelry travel cases, but they still tangled.  My best suggestion, is to take one gold chain and one silver chain to use with assorted pendants.  I have the best luck with snake chains, because they don't tangle.  Earrings I generally put in a tiny mint tin.  Posts don't get bent that way.  

I purchased a bag of small plastic bags in the jewelry making section of the craft store.  I put the necklace into the bag, leaving a small tail out then slide the bag closed.  By trapping a bit out of the bag it comes out not tangled.  Larger necklaces can be wrapped in cling film.  Personally I take very little jewelry with me.

A few years ago I picked up a fabric travel jewelry pouch in the travel section of the Container Store and it has worked great when I pack numerous pieces of gliltz. I frequently use  small satin jewelry snap envelope-like cases that you get from shops in St. Thomas - these work great for earrings, keeping pearls separate from diamonds, etc. Over the years I found I pack so much less jewelry. 

Darcy

Here are some suggestions from DW...based on a lifetime of travel :).  Depending on the length and thickness of the necklace use either a toilet paper roll (just the center cardboard tube), a paper towel tube, or a straw!  Thread the necklace through the tube and clasp it on the outside.  You can then put that into a ziplock bag if you think that is helpful.  A few years ago I discovered a small pile of these "tubes" in a drawer and had to ask DW, "why on earth are you saving that stuff?"  Live and learn :).

Hank