Japan tour suggestions

bobhsv

https://www.japan.travel/en/plan/list-of-volunteer-guides/    - volunteer guides, we have used them on many occasions  in our early days of travelling Japan.

or google cruise port navigation    -   heather hopkins clement  has her own business now which includes arranging personal guides for cruise passengers. 

She was up until a couple of years ago the port lecturer on diamond princess for cruises around Japan.

Thanks Tara Jane.  Will scroll through the volunteer guides over the next couple of months.  The cruise port navigation appears to be kinda 'expensive' in comparison, as they charge 2000 Yen every 30 mins, plus the usual entry/fares/lunch.  That's something like AU$50 each hour (there is just the two of us). 

No worries, you could get together with others on your roll call to reduce the price a bit.

I suggest you book a volunteer guide as soon as possible as demand is very high for the volunteers particularly when a cruise ship is in town.   Transport can be expensive, although many cities have all day bus tickets for 500-600 yen which is a lot cheaper than in Australian.  Also many tourist sites are free or just a few hundred yen again.   Many shrines/temples are free, and gardens just a few hundred yen.  Many are free entry to over 65s.   You just need to do heaps of research.  

Atm I have attempted to begin a roll call for this cruise.  Hoping I have done this right, as it's been some years under the old system since doing so.  Apparently my post will take a day or so to appear in the correct roll call section for Majestic Princess (atm it's appearing as a normal post).  Does this sound correct?

Back to the guides.....yes, I realise we have to book asap, thanks.  We only booked this cruise yesterday.  On our Princess cruise personaliser it states that most passengers will be Chinese/Japanese along with most announcements, so from that I am assuming our chances of a roll call may be slim, lol.    I've been researching all day,  hence believe me, I value your knowledge and suggestions heaps!  Feel free to add more!

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

You can find loads of info in our travelogue:
http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

We loved Japan so much we are booked again for Aprill this year. Different itinerary and with HAL.

Enjoy!

That was absolutely amazing.  Loads of info, and love the pics.  Thankyou!!

• Like 1