Bangkok Hotel

iancal

If anyone needs a Bangkok hotel we would highly recommend the Chatrium Riverside.  We were sorry to check out today.  Get a suite w/river view and balcony.  This is our fourth time in Bangkok..  This was the best stay yet.  Better than our previous stays at Novatel or Renaissance.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more. It was amazing for our overnight during the cruise.

We picked it up for 3 reasons:

1. Early check in.

2. Location by the river, visited all the major attractions by ferry, using the hotel's free shuttle until the pier.

3. Very affordable price, including a great b'fast. We took it by the river, outside -- a stay to remember.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in the Chatrium Riverside at the end of a month in SE Asia.  I would also recommend, though no need to book a suite IMO we were well pleased with our standard room, though it was a riverside view one.  We booked last April and I seem to remember it was better priced than other hotels on the river.  The river is definitely a good place to be as you can go on the hop on hop off boats for a very low cost - we paid about £7.50 for day and night travel, with the last boat at about 8.30 pm. The Chatrium has it's own regular shuttle boat the the main hoho boat stop which takes 5 minutes.

We found a local restaurant which was walkable along a street going straight inland from the hotel for the first night and ate in China Town the other two nights, so no need to pay a fortune for hotel food, unless you are fussy eaters.  There is a 7-11 shop very near the hotel as well.

The problem with Bangkok IMO is the pollution levels, but again that is probably a bit less bad on the river.  As an asthmatic I was happy to leave Bangkok though as the levels were particularly bad when we were there - we picked up internet details that they had closed a lot of schools for the rest of the week due to the particularly bad levels at that time.  Even the out of town area by the airport seemed bad and it could be smelt on parts of the airport building.

Edited by tring