Free air promo on ncl

Jskorick

We booked a 7day out of New Orleans leaving March 31st. Under our vacation summary it states we leave Phoenix March 30th. I haven’t received my flight info yet as it’s too early but I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this? I’m guessing it’s going to be a red eye? 

Edited by Jskorick
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Presumably you have booked air travel through the cruise line, and I doubt the cruise line is going to voluntarily book you on a flight that arrives around midnight, as they aren't likely to voluntarily book and pay for a hotel room for you unless YOU request to arrive day before the cruise departs.  Doesn't sound like you did that since you didn't mention doing so.  So one would assume you are arriving the day the cruise leaves, meaning the 31st.  If you are leaving on the 30th and arriving the 31st, the only answer is a redeye flight.   Domestic redeye flights are usually awful timing, and often too short to really get any decent sleep.  This makes them less than desireable which in turn often makes them a bit cheaper than other flight options, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the cruise line booked for you.

Our Nov 22 cruise showed deviation for Nov 20-21 so I called my PCC and mentioned we chose to fly in the 21st, not the 20th.  She contacted the air department and they corrected the date.  Hoping this is the case for your flight and it’s not a red eye. I would check into it with the Air department.   From what I’ve read on forums, a red eye would be out of the ordinary as the Air details state they try for non or one stops if possible and not Basic Economy, but Regular Economy.  We just got our flight info for a May cruise and it’s nonstop 9am American Airlines from DFW.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sulala said:

, a red eye would be out of the ordinary as the Air details state they try for non or one stops if possible and not Basic Economy, but Regular Economy.  We just got our flight info for a May cruise and it’s nonstop 9am American Airlines from DFW.

I don't follow your logic.  A flight can be nonstop and still be a red eye, and you can be booked on a red eye in regular economy.  These things are not mutually exclusive.    

If the OP did not request a deviation to arrive a day early, and her flight departs on the 30th for a cruise the next day, it is almost certainly a red eye flight.

3 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

I don't follow your logic.  A flight can be nonstop and still be a red eye, and you can be booked on a red eye in regular economy.  These things are not mutually exclusive.    

If the OP did not request a deviation to arrive a day early, and her flight departs on the 30th for a cruise the next day, it is almost certainly a red eye flight.

I agree it is possible but am optimistic that this is not the case.  No logic implied, just stating what I have read about the air perk in hopes it is not going to be a red eye.  Really hope the OP will keep us updated on the status so we can figure out what the dates mean. 😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, lynne2fl said:

We have NCL booking our flight to Alaska and I am worried as to what they will give us  lol

We also have booked air through NCL and have the same concerns,  We are to fly to Seattle on the June 14th.  If you have already flown, let me know about your experience.

Edited by SmokyCreek
Left Month off.
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 7:45 AM, Jskorick said:

We booked a 7day out of New Orleans leaving March 31st. Under our vacation summary it states we leave Phoenix March 30th. I haven’t received my flight info yet as it’s too early but I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this? I’m guessing it’s going to be a red eye? 

Would love to hear what happened with your flights . . . Was it a redeye?

I'm nervous about things that seem to be too good to be true -- we're in the process of booking a cruise on Bliss in April 2020 (Panama Canal NYC - Seattle), and the rate for the free air seems impossible: $49.50 per person for a flight from Seattle to NYC the day before the cruise departs.  Is such a thing possible?  Of course, I guess it may end up being a redeye -- probably will -- but still, I'd appreciate thoughts or input from anyone who has used the Free Air . . .

On 4/12/2019 at 6:13 PM, IRMO12HD said:

Would love to hear what happened with your flights . . . Was it a redeye?

I'm nervous about things that seem to be too good to be true -- we're in the process of booking a cruise on Bliss in April 2020 (Panama Canal NYC - Seattle), and the rate for the free air seems impossible: $49.50 per person for a flight from Seattle to NYC the day before the cruise departs.  Is such a thing possible?  Of course, I guess it may end up being a redeye -- probably will -- but still, I'd appreciate thoughts or input from anyone who has used the Free Air . . .

On 1/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, Jskorick said:

I booked the free airfare from phx to New Orleans. Got my original flight info and it was an overnight flight with a stopover in CHICAGO! Why we would fly from phx to Chicago to New Orleans is beyond me. Ended up booking a hotel room the might before through ncl. 340 total and got a much better fight option included. Just my experience

————————————————————————————————————————————

Found this update on another thread and yes, they did have an overnight flight, much to my dismay.  But it looks like they rectified it with staying over the night before, for a cost.  Coming in a day before is what we are doing for our Panama Canal cruise from Miami in November.  Our May cruise from Miami has same day flights so we are hoping everything works out and we make it on the ship on time since our flights are later than we hoped coming in.  We still plan to try a same day flight change, for a fee, through the airline in hopes of arriving to cruise port earlier.  I’ll post the outcome either way.

• Like 1