Kids Cruising Without Parents

mawsmama

My 3 kids are cruising with my SIL, MIL & FIL. We will not be going. What paperwork do we need for them to present at the port for them to go without us in addition to their birth certificates?  Is it required to be notarized? Thanks!

On 1/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, mawsmama said:

My 3 kids are cruising with my SIL, MIL & FIL. We will not be going. What paperwork do we need for them to present at the port for them to go without us in addition to their birth certificates?  Is it required to be notarized? Thanks!

9 hours ago, gometros said:

Here's the information you need from the DCL site:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/kids-teens/minor-authorization-form/

I believe that only covers who's responsible for the child while traveling, not the ID required for traveling (like a passport).  I don't know how Disney handles it, but other cruise lines require a minor child traveling without a parent/guardian to have a passport, even if that child would only have to have a birth certificate if traveling with parent/guardian.

• Like 1

I've done it--we have taken a friend.  THe only thing required was the Minor Authorization Form thru the link above.  NO PASSPORT or other additional documents were required.  That said, I did obtain a notarized letter authorizing me to make any necessary medical or legal decisions for the child while on the trip as well as taking them on the trip. I also required trip insurance as a 'just in case."

On 1/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, cantgetin said:

I've done it--we have taken a friend.  THe only thing required was the Minor Authorization Form thru the link above.  NO PASSPORT or other additional documents were required.  That said, I did obtain a notarized letter authorizing me to make any necessary medical or legal decisions for the child while on the trip as well as taking them on the trip. I also required trip insurance as a 'just in case."

Everyone traveling on a Disney Cruise requires a passport or other documentation of citizenship.  If you don't have the required ID or documents, they won't allow you to board.  https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/passport-travel-documentation/

You are correct that everyone needs proof of citizenship.  However, that is not required to be in the form of a passport (a certified birth certificate qualifies).  What I mean in my post was that there was no ADDITIONAL documentation required to take a minor who was not my child other than the "minor authorization form."  Someone above had posted that they required a passport, which is not correct.  The appropriate birth certificate worked fine for our friend.  She of course needed the standard documents--proof if ID and proof of citizenship.

30 minutes ago, MarLieb said:

Everyone traveling on a Disney Cruise requires a passport or other documentation of citizenship.  If you don't have the required ID or documents, they won't allow you to board.  https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/passport-travel-documentation/

Yes, but a passport isn't REQUIRED on all Disney cruises.  Many of them have a minimum requirement of a birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

10 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Yes, but a passport isn't REQUIRED on all Disney cruises.  Many of them have a minimum requirement of a birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

Which is exactly what I stated.  If you actually read my post it states "everyone traveling on a Disney Cruise requires a passport or OTHER DOCUMENTATION OF CITIZENSHIP" and then links to DCL to show specifically what is required.  Nowhere did I state a passport is required.  

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:

You are correct that everyone needs proof of citizenship.  However, that is not required to be in the form of a passport (a certified birth certificate qualifies).  What I mean in my post was that there was no ADDITIONAL documentation required to take a minor who was not my child other than the "minor authorization form."  Someone above had posted that they required a passport, which is not correct.  The appropriate birth certificate worked fine for our friend.  She of course needed the standard documents--proof if ID and proof of citizenship.

Got it.  I misunderstood your post.  I thought you stated all they needed was the form and no ID!