Food Improvement

nukesubsailor

It appears that Princess took action in response to all the complaints about declining food quality.

New Main Dining Room Flavors

Experience our most comprehensive food launch in over 20 years! Savor new and enhanced dishes on our Main Dining Room menus across the fleet. We’ve kept your favorites, enhanced flavors and added a greater variety of choices. Discover a brand-new dining experience that combines our best culinary traditions with updated selections.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

It appears that Princess took action in response to all the complaints about declining food quality.

New Main Dining Room Flavors

Experience our most comprehensive food launch in over 20 years! Savor new and enhanced dishes on our Main Dining Room menus across the fleet. We’ve kept your favorites, enhanced flavors and added a greater variety of choices. Discover a brand-new dining experience that combines our best culinary traditions with updated selections.

Where did you locate the information?

It’ll be interesting to learn if new & enhanced are how passengers will describe the changes or instead new & not improved. 🤔

Edited by Astro Flyer

I wonder when the launch takes place. Do you think they are referring to "Crafted by Curtis" additional dishes that they announced in October 2018?

"Guests choosing a “Crafted by Curtis” menu item in the main dining rooms can now choose from new options including Steamed Mussels, Chorizo and White Wine, Beef Tenderloin Tips and Mushroom Cobbler. These new dishes join guest favorites Chicken and Leek Pot Pie and Roasted Pork Belly."

2 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I wonder when the launch takes place. Do you think they are referring to "Crafted by Curtis" additional dishes that they announced in October 2018?

"Guests choosing a “Crafted by Curtis” menu item in the main dining rooms can now choose from new options including Steamed Mussels, Chorizo and White Wine, Beef Tenderloin Tips and Mushroom Cobbler. These new dishes join guest favorites Chicken and Leek Pot Pie and Roasted Pork Belly."

It doesn’t appear to be. It looks like it’s an across-the-board overhaul of the MDR 

• Like 2

Can somebody please post a link to this, and when this was released.

The, I found the supposedly new improved menus and recipes, along with the cut-backs on the quality of the food ingredients and the service,  that has been floated on some ships to be, well, absolutely horrid.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can somebody please post a link to this, and when this was released.

The, I found the supposedly new improved menus and recipes, along with the quality of the food ingredients and the service,  that has been floated on some ships to be, well, absolutely horrid.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/

Scroll down

Yes....  just found that....  food-and-dining.

I don't think this is anything brand new.

I believe it refers to what we experienced on our recent cruise.

Not impressed.

And, I agree that Curtis Stone needs to just go away.

The one dish that I did try, to me personally, tasted just awful.

Not the cutbacks and poor preparation...  But, the actual 'taste'. 

I'm still a bit confused about the 'chocolate journey'. Is that one of the free/included dining options, and if so, when and where is it? Is it part of the MDR dessert menu every night or is it something independent of that?

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Do you think they are taking the Ruby menus fleet wide?

They had them on Majestic with cost-extra Crown Grill options. 

The included formal night steak (beef tournedos?) was the worst quality beef I have ever had on Princess. I struggled to find something I liked on another night so had the always available salmon which was dry and tasteless. On another night we looked at the menu and went to Harmony restaurant again. The final nigh was still good - pepper pot soup and guinea fowl nicely cooked.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

I'm still a bit confused about the 'chocolate journey'. Is that one of the free/included dining options, and if so, when and where is it? Is it part of the MDR dessert menu every night or is it something independent of that?

There is a Chocolate Journey dessert option on the menu most nights. Some are very nice indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Sailed the Ruby on November and enjoyed the new menu I immensely!

We had the new menus on the Ruby this summer and thought they were a great improvement.  We were disappointe that last month the Crown still had the old menus.

Unlike some other posters we have enjoyed some of the Curtis Stone dishes and since there is only one per menu I hope they are retained.  But then we also thought Share was the best specialty dining room (as opposed to the Chef's Table and the Winemakers Dinner) we've experienced on Princess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2