Restaurant Bookings

Wandall

Hi All New to Cruise Critic and now sailing on the 'Silver Muse' in April in an Owners suite. My question is with restaurant bookings. I have cruised a lot with Regent in a top suite and the Butler makes a reservation at the Restaurant of your choice as the cruise progresses, this also applies to Speciality Restaurants (No Surcharge by the way) I always try to give him 24 hours notice, so was just wondering how it works on Silversea in a top suite? Thanks in advance. Happy Cruises People.

Welcome to cruisecritic Wandall. I Can’t help you re top suites sorry as we were in steerage in a deluxe verandah. Our butler was less than useless when it came to restaurant reservations. The mysilversea online system for advance bookings was excellent and easy to use but any tweaks that we needed to make just needed a quick word with the Maitre d’ who always seemed to be able to rustle up a table when plans changed and the venue was apparently full. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Wandall, 

It is my understanding that the top suites do have some extra perks (such as laundry), but not for restaurant reservations. At 120 days out, everyone can make reservations in as many of the specialty restaurants as they like through mysilversea, provided they aren't making multiple reservations for the same evening. You could eat at La Dame every night if you wish, as long as you had reservations and were willing to pay the upcharge. As DaveyWavey notes, it is easier to cancel a reservation once on board then to add a new one. As I really enjoy both La Terrazza and the lava stones at The Grill, I tend to err on the side of more reservations at specialty restaurants rather than fewer.

Enjoy your Owner's Suite and the extra delights that come with it, but also get those reservations made through mysilversea as soon as you can.

Cheers,

Enjoy your cruise and the luxurious accommodations.

DO make restaurant bookings in advance and keep them as a place holder - you can make revisions once on onboard.   Our experience is that Silversea is much more flexible and accommodating than Regent when it comes to specialty restaurant bookings and in all likelihood you will eat where you want and when you want on each night of the cruise.  Of course, your butler can help you our or chat with the Maitre D at any dining venue if you have questions or issues or want make changes.

We just got back from the a 14 night cruise on the Muse and enjoyed all of the restaurants; we had reservations that we adjusted without drama while on board........and we were not the in Owners Suite!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:39 PM, Wandall said:

Hi All New to Cruise Critic and now sailing on the 'Silver Muse' in April in an Owners suite. My question is with restaurant bookings. I have cruised a lot with Regent in a top suite and the Butler makes a reservation at the Restaurant of your choice as the cruise progresses, this also applies to Speciality Restaurants (No Surcharge by the way) I always try to give him 24 hours notice, so was just wondering how it works on Silversea in a top suite? Thanks in advance. Happy Cruises People.

We stayed in a grand suite on one of our cruises and opted not to make reservations until on board.  While the butler was able to accommodate the majority of our requests for dining reservations, there were a few nights he could just not make happen.  My recommendation would be as the others have said and to book in advance.  If something you want is already booked, discuss it with your butler as soon as you get on board.  Happy dining!

We are on the Muse now.We made bookings online at the 120 day out mark when they open.Even so we could not get our preferred restaurant for Feb 14th-just might be a reason for that.

We have changed a couple on board-our butler is not useless.They do tend to put the best butlers on the higher suites so you should be fine.

Our only problem has been with La Dame.Was so popular on this cruise that they have 2 sittings-6pm and 9pm where our original bookings were for 7pm.

You will find that La Dame tends to be the most difficult to book and is often shown as “waitlist for a number”. If you wanted it for a specific evening it would certainly be worth going on the waitlist. You could also then follow up when on board.

We are on Shadow soon and the evening we have booked La Dame is now shown as “not available”. Although my booking is still shown should I be worried that they have taken the whole restaurant for a private party or is it just that the waitlist is now also full? Any ideas anyone?

8 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

The two seatings in La Dame on the Muse have been that way since the ship was in the Med in the late summer. Is it open for lunch though?

No.Kaiseki only of the 2 surcharge reataurants.Nice sushi and complimentary for lunch.

Edited by drron29
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, eastwoodboy said:

We are on Shadow soon and the evening we ha ve booked La Dame is now shown as “not available”. Although my booking is still shown should I be worried that they have taken the whole restaurant for a private party or is it just that the waitlist is now also full? Any ideas anyone?

I don’t think you have to be worried, it’s just reached the maximum online requests that they’ll accept most likely.