BEST DAY PASS BEACH FOR THE PRICE ??

Cruising to Retirement

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've been to Sandals a few times. It is a great time, especially on the private island. The thing I absolutely hate about Sandals is the lack of being able to book in advance. You just show up or call the day of, and they decide yes or no. We've been admitted 3/5 times at various Sandals. 

SANDALS ROYAL BAHAMIAN!!! .... sorry, don't mean to yell but I just cant help it bc I get so excited thinking of that place. We get the day pass there every time we're in Nassau. The last time we were there we paid $110PP but I believe the price has gone up since then. Everything is included as if you were a hotel guest with the exception of the hotel room. All food/drinks are included as well as the ride over to the private island which is truly heaven on earth. The only thing we pay extra for is to rent jet skiis on the beach. The last time we were there in October I think we were 2 of 12 people on the private island that day. We spent most of the day there and then took an early boat back to the main resort and spent some time in one of the pools before changing and getting a  taxi back to the ship. I love so many islands but leaving Sandals in Nassau makes me so sad. Its more than worth the price. The fact that I feel so safe there is worth the price of admission alone. 

34 minutes ago, mar214 said:

Lddella-can you explain about the transportation to the resort? Where are you picked up, when can you return to your ship, etc. Thanks very much!

You just take a taxi there and back whenever you want, or take the #10 jitney.

Let me clarify my question to Lddella: you said that the day pass for Sandals Royal Bahamian includes  everything "as well as the ride over to the private island." This is what I'm wondering about: where do you pick up the included transportation, when can you return to your ship, etc. Thanks very much for this info!

18 minutes ago, mar214 said:

Let me clarify my question to Lddella: you said that the day pass for Sandals Royal Bahamian includes  everything "as well as the ride over to the private island." This is what I'm wondering about: where do you pick up the included transportation, when can you return to your ship, etc. Thanks very much for this info!

Sure.. once you leave the main building (to pay for the passes and leave your ID at the front desk) you can either stay at the main resort and use the pool, restaurants/ beach, etc. or you can walk down to the pier at the beach of the property and there is a little sandals boat that picks ppl up (times are listed on the board at the pier for going and returning trips) and takes them to the sandals private island. It’s about an 8 minute ride from the resort to the island and it is the most beautiful and peaceful place I’ve ever seen in my life. You can go on swings in the water, find a huge cabana with day beds, eat at the restaurant on the island or just lay and lounge all day in the water. Whenever you want to head back (more like be dragged back) you walk to the pier and wait for the next returning boat back to the resort. We made sure to head back to the resort a little early to use the main pool and left plenty of time for the front desk to call us a cab and take us back to the pier of the ship after. You can google sandals “royal Bahamian private island” to see everything I’ve spoken about. The sandals resort is incredible but the private island there is truly paradise. 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, Lddella said:

SANDALS ROYAL BAHAMIAN!!! .... sorry, don't mean to yell but I just cant help it bc I get so excited thinking of that place. We get the day pass there every time we're in Nassau. The last time we were there we paid $110PP but I believe the price has gone up since then. Everything is included as if you were a hotel guest with the exception of the hotel room. All food/drinks are included as well as the ride over to the private island which is truly heaven on earth. The only thing we pay extra for is to rent jet skiis on the beach. The last time we were there in October I think we were 2 of 12 people on the private island that day. We spent most of the day there and then took an early boat back to the main resort and spent some time in one of the pools before changing and getting a  taxi back to the ship. I love so many islands but leaving Sandals in Nassau makes me so sad. Its more than worth the price. The fact that I feel so safe there is worth the price of admission alone. 

Last time I was there, the private island was closed due to wind. That was a real bummer. I agree though. I love that place!

On 3/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, mar214 said:

The Sandals day pass does not include transportation to and from the ship.  Lddella is referring to the included boat ride from the main part of the resort to the resort's private island.  The boat goes back and forth once an hour so if you go to Sandals and want to visit the private island, make sure you time things carefully.

You'll need a taxi (or you can take the #10 bus) to get to Sandals and back to the ship. Sandals is about 5 miles away from the port.

Edited by CruisinCrow