Emerald Princess March 11 2019 Hawaii

joboy

Hello all sailors!

Who's joining me on this cruise to paradise?  For those of you that have never been to the island I might be of some help guiding you to places of interest since I've been there many times. Also, for your information, it will be very cold the first few day at sea and the last couple of days coming back so bring some warm clothes!

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

You're a few months too early for us. We're on the Star Princess to Hawaii out of LA in Dec'19. Flying over from Aus the night before. We were on the Emerald Princess for a couple of weeks the previous year around New Zealand. Lovely ship. Enjoy your cruise.

John

Hey John!

Were you with your wife on the Hawaii cruise??? If so, I remember you lived in northern Australia and had small children at home.  I lost your email address and mine was changed so no way to contact one another.  I have got it right?

Jerry

On 1/29/2019 at 6:46 AM, joboy said:

Hey John!

Were you with your wife on the Hawaii cruise??? If so, I remember you lived in northern Australia and had small children at home.  I lost your email address and mine was changed so no way to contact one another.  I have got it right?

Jerry

Sorry Jerry, wrong John.

• 3 months later...

My wife and I are going on the Grand in December 2019.  I've been researching ports and what to do and have some stuff lined out to do on our own... the cruise excursions are pretty expensive.

Honolulu:  Pearl Harbor.  Park is FREE (but must schedule visit on line). Don’t do a paid tour take THE BUS for about $12 for 2.Bus:  “Circle island” bus.  Pay the $1.50 or so per person online for a fixed time slot  https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/233338 Map is 8 miles 18 min

Waikiki Beach map 3.2 miles 16 min.

Kauai: Tube the ditch, https://kauaibackcountry.com/tubing/

Maui:  Maui Ocean Center, The Aquarium of Hawaii, 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku, HI 96793  $29.95

Map is 23 min drive 14.5 miles. 

Hilo: 

How am I doing so far?  Any advise?  Have you guys Cruised Princess before?  This will be our first time with Princess...

I've joined some Princess Facebook groups and learned a lot there...  Also the CC princess forum has been invaluable!  I think we will like Princess!

• Like 1