Dining Waitlist

mompells

On 3/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, mompells said:

Has anyone else that was wait listed been contacted yet?

We are on the 6/10/19 sunrise cruise as well.  When we booked the only option was being on the wait list for late dining.  I kept checking and the wait list for anytime opened up.  Yesterday we received an email saying we were approved for anytime.  It wouldn't have mattered to me, but my in-laws would have fallen asleep in there food if we had the late seating!  They are very happy now.

As someone else said, there's no guarantee but a good chance you'll get what you want. If you don't, the Lido serves a portion of what's offered in the dining room every night plus traditional fare and there's always other options, as well, in the pay restaurants. (I know that's not optimal, but the option is there).  

• 5 months later...

Carnival should just offer any time dining in all their restaurants.

We are waitlisted for YTD, on the Vista, in two weeks. We don't mind the late dining time, however, we do not want to be assigned to a large table with lots of other people. We want a table for two, every night.

• 7 months later...
On 3/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, Snick500 said:

It seems like other people’s opinions/experience aren’t very welcome on this board if someone else has more cruises than them. The crew will help you when you have a problem, especially if you are patient. Your Time Dining desk is on deck 5 on the Horizon.  We went there first to get a dining time, and then went to the dining room at the time that suited them. We didn’t barge in.  If someone else had a different experience, ok.  It still doesn’t change my experience or stop me from telling someone not to worry because it can be worked out.  Heck, maybe they catered to us as first time Carnival cruisers?  We had a great time and the crew were extremely helpful and friendly.

I noticed that.  A lot. 

Ironically enough, bragging about having more Carnival Cruises than someone else as a sign of virtue seems a bit like bragging about being the smartest kid in Special Ed class.  But if that is what defines a person and makes them feel better go ahead, I have more important things to deal with.

It is a bit odd though, I recently booked two balcony rooms for my family on Carnival Horizon an entire year out and selected the 6:00 PM sitting on both. Somehow one room on the same booking was confirmed while the other was waitlisted. I am pretty confident that when I am withing the 90-day window and start checking in and real humans vice software start looking at things, someone will put 2+2 together.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, CruiseElla said:

Carnival should just offer any time dining in all their restaurants.

We are waitlisted for YTD, on the Vista, in two weeks. We don't mind the late dining time, however, we do not want to be assigned to a large table with lots of other people. We want a table for two, every night.

I appreciate your opinion on this, but with us we either cruise with just my wife and I or we take our kids and her parents along. So that works with two of us, but not with eight.

Maybe have a scheduling program where it is mostly YTD where larger groups can still schedule hard-times ahead of time?  I really have no experience running a cruise ship dining room so I'm just throwing darts at the wall here.

Edited by Billoftt

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 11:54 AM, HillBilly Bob said:

Slipping them a twenty won't hurt either.  

Only time we ever did this was to go to Joe's on South Beach. Wait was over 2 hours.

The change is usually effective on night 2.

Edited by crusinpsychRN