Allure Live, January 27 to February 3. - Where my Beaches At?

A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Photo  at the end of  April on walking trail off Icefields Parkway Canadian Rockies. Loved the snow but not a good idea to go off trail!! Travel is about new experiences, I love to visit Canada, but not sure I could  endure the months of winter snow.

FYI, tomorrow is the Miami marathon so there may be congestion in downtown Miami.

looking forward to virtually travelling with you.

image.thumb.png.4930e56ab7ef389e1cf83d1257dc00de.png

Great pic. And you are right traffic was a little crazy this afternoon as well. I can only guess what tomorrow will be like. 

We actually cancelled our reservation for the Yardbird for tonight. With traffic and timing we think it will be a bit all over the map. Next cruise we will go there. 

3 hours ago, potatotomato said:

I dont post often but have read many of your reviews. Thanks for doing another. We will be on Allure( our 2nd time) when she returns to FLL May 5th.  So excited. It has been 6 years since we cruised.

6 weeks is way too long. May 5th will be here before you know it. 

Wow, a review with words and all.  Thought you would be doing the one with just photos.   

Looking forward to following along to get to get my mind off our snow.  I have six month to wait until our Med cruise, and a full year until Cuba.

Enjoy the Allure.

• Like 1

So my followers. 

We are currently sitting in the Concereige Lounge on the 36th floor waiting for our room to be ready. We arrived at 4:40 pm and check in is at 4pm. It is now 6:55pm and our room is still not ready. They also have no idea to when it will be ready. With the Marathon going on there is not availability of rooms either. This is our first visit to this highly rated hotel and needless to say we have not been impressed. 

We had to cancel a dinner reservation for the Yardbird at 6:30 pm and we have had to cancel another reservation we made for a different location for 7pm. Totally unacceptable.  

I really don’t know what else to say, than you take your chances if you book here. After all it’s not we showed up at noon looking for an early check in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well that is surely not a good way to start off your trip.  It is no fun waiting for your room that long.  Hope things smooth over for you both and your cruise is a great one.  We will be on Allure April 14.  Can not wait for our 3rd time on her.

Looking forward to reading along.  We are in the single digits and below zero this week if that’s any consolation.

Barbara

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my followers. 

We are currently sitting in the Concereige Lounge on the 36th floor waiting for our room to be ready. We arrived at 4:40 pm and check in is at 4pm. It is now 6:55pm and our room is still not ready. They also have no idea to when it will be ready. With the Marathon going on there is not availability of rooms either. This is our first visit to this highly rated hotel and needless to say we have not been impressed. 

We had to cancel a dinner reservation for the Yardbird at 6:30 pm and we have had to cancel another reservation we made for a different location for 7pm. Totally unacceptable.  

I really don’t know what else to say, than you take your chances if you book here. After all it’s not we showed up at noon looking for an early check in.

Ouch, not a great way to start off the vacation. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my followers. 

Andrew, go to Sugar at Brickell City Center.  It is a beautiful spot for a drink or two.  This is my hometown after all. Or come to Coral Gables and we'll meet you for a drink.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my followers. 

So very wrong!!!  Hope this is your only crappy luck. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my followers. 

Well that just sucks.Hope it works out for you and Lisa soon.

• Like 1

First...I adore Lucy...she reminds me of our Lucky. So cute!

I’m really excited to read your review and get some tips as we go on Allure for the first time in August. Can’t wait!!!

We haven’t booked our hotel yet...can’t seem to decide on one and I’m sorry about your delayed check-in. I like the other posters suggestion about getting drunk and loud. That will kick start this review into high gear real quick. lol 

Just remember...in a few hours you’ll be boarding the ship.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luv06012012 said:

~snip~

We haven’t booked our hotel yet...can’t seem to decide on one and I’m sorry about your delayed check-in. I like the other posters suggestion about getting drunk and loud. That will kick start this review into high gear real quick. lol 

We stayed at Embassy Suites close to the airport.  They have a nice breakfast included and also one of the best manager's receptions (happy hour) of any ES we have visited.  They also have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  Uber from hotel to port is less than $20.00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hope you have a great week. I'm sitting in the Windjammer on Adventure right now. Get back to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning. The weather in the Caribbean was perfect this week. I hope it is just as good for you. Enjoy!

We will wave to you. Safe trip back home, one day we shall meet. This will be the closest to meeting you though. 

31 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

That stinks, I hope that compensate you in some manner.

Sleep good and enjoy day 1 :classic_biggrin:

I have the GM business card, so I will send them a letter when we get home. We did meet someone from the front desk that was a ray of light. 

21 minutes ago, Luv06012012 said:

First...I adore Lucy...she reminds me of our Lucky. So cute!

I’m really excited to read your review and get some tips as we go on Allure for the first time in August. Can’t wait!!!

We should have sicked Lucy on them.  I’m just glad Owen wasn’t here with us, as it would not have been good. We ordered room service so hopefully it is here soon. 

• Like 2

Ok. We are now long settled. Dinner had been consumed and on the 36th floor you can hear the horns honking. If you closed your eyes you think you were in NYC. 

We got to see Symphony turn in the basin today, I guess it was the first time in daylight. We will be on her in March and I can’t wait to experience her.

85461A48-1D75-400B-B089-984ED20AB1BF.thumb.jpeg.a4da414d64a7097a9f8a82d0e70dd158.jpeg

Who’s on our balcony?  Take care of her for us. 

5B8F5DD7-C185-47B8-AD9F-7477CC169614.thumb.jpeg.db2970f0e7743cb327062ccc48978b85.jpeg

So, now a few pics of our room.  It is nice, once we passed the gate keeper. 

3A3C58AF-4E07-4F2D-A35E-8D15003846B3.thumb.jpeg.7839109b545a32bdda3b2a9f242eee4a.jpeg

02E20364-F527-41E2-83B6-1CE269382454.thumb.jpeg.f315b2f478db4775b7cf59ea398099db.jpeg

B83E6573-5820-4F2A-B1E6-0BA7DB48AF4C.thumb.jpeg.e092e74524a289eab2e6b10de8b43d89.jpeg

D2C226FA-CD00-4ED0-97D2-93BE45B04B47.thumb.jpeg.ed4d920b9f9cbbc80b78d8277963f815.jpeg

4B75BB39-C00C-43C3-8F40-0AAAE44D39C6.thumb.jpeg.11e84821a1d0de0b39afb6ebedbad46e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

So dinner was consumed, and let me share a secret.  We put the dishes in the hallway, outside of the neighbors door. 

Lisa’s.  Ribeye, veggies and fingerling potatoes.  One one looks like sausage. 

E69B3D8C-8246-4F22-AA77-73418BBF51EF.thumb.jpeg.507b750330ce07eab6f6c84e57b9f90e.jpeg

Mine. Ribeye, sprouts and broccoli mashed. Neither of us tried the spread like substance in the small dish. Mystery Meat maybe?

EAEBBEAE-12EA-47B1-8C8B-D849CF0F650E.thumb.jpeg.03592ffc33f5c1fe2e9ab19a7f1414bd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1