Kettles on board ship

cruiser man 60

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just through on some clothes and go to the buffet  Can get it there and either drink it there or take it back to your cabin  That is what we did

I need coffee to partake in that level of activity 😂

The Southampton sailings had a kettle and there are coffee machines on Meraviglia. So no consistency yet with kettles and coffee machines. Personally, we order from the breakfast room service menu for delivery.

41 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I need coffee to partake in that level of activity 😂

The Southampton sailings had a kettle and there are coffee machines on Meraviglia. So no consistency yet with kettles and coffee machines. Personally, we order from the breakfast room service menu for delivery.

+1000

I at least need some caffeine.  I'm still debating about getting the non-alcohol package ($580). f I do, I'll grab a red bull/diet coke/etc. throughout the day and stick it in my fridge (after having the steward empty). Someone posted that on Divina (they just debarked) coffee/tea/etc. is available on the port side of the buffet 24x7.

I'm jealous of the cruises that have  a kettle in the room. We always take one with us when we're on land, like staying at the cheap Hotels on Disney.  

We usually order breakfast from room service, just coffee, some pastry, to open our eyes (no charge, $2 tip).  Then we go out and get a proper hot breakfast.  

One of us usually goes out for hot tea before bed, some Chamomile (I bring my own Sleepy time} so I've started bringing a Thermos so I don't have to schelp up the elevator with 2 hot cups. I pack my own organic raw honey, just can't tolerate that fake stuff.    

I'm pretty easy breezy about the food onboard, but tea and coffee are serious business.  

Edited by theEvilQueen2
  • Thanks 1

I need to make myself a coffee. It’s the thing I do before I can even look at anybody!   There is a strange snobbery about this though?   I haven’t noticed the tone on this post, but people seem to say quite condescendingly “just go to the buffet or get room service... what’s your issue?”    Bit like TV in cabins. I don’t really watch it but I will defend the right of those who do to voice their opinion 

I think making myself a brew is a basic human right!  

Also, if it’s no big deal to not have one.... why do all the suites have facilities? 

• Like 3

On 2/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, theEvilQueen2 said:

I'm jealous of the cruises that have  a kettle in the room. We always take one with us when we're on land, like staying at the cheap Hotels on Disney.  

We usually order breakfast from room service, just coffee, some pastry, to open our eyes (no charge, $2 tip).  Then we go out and get a proper hot breakfast.  

One of us usually goes out for hot tea before bed, some Chamomile (I bring my own Sleepy time} so I've started bringing a Thermos so I don't have to schelp up the elevator with 2 hot cups. I pack my own organic raw honey, just can't tolerate that fake stuff.    

I'm pretty easy breezy about the food onboard, but tea and coffee are serious business.  

Thanks for the idea about the thermos.  Mine weighs a pound and a half.  I don't know if it will make "the cut", weight-wise.  I'm limited to one 50lb checked and a 17lb carry-on.  Sounds like a lot, but it's a 20-night cruise in multiple climates. 

thermos.png

On 2/16/2019 at 9:34 AM, Suzieanna said:

I need to make myself a coffee. It’s the thing I do before I can even look at anybody!   There is a strange snobbery about this though?   I haven’t noticed the tone on this post, but people seem to say quite condescendingly “just go to the buffet or get room service... what’s your issue?”    Bit like TV in cabins. I don’t really watch it but I will defend the right of those who do to voice their opinion 

I think making myself a brew is a basic human right!  

Also, if it’s no big deal to not have one.... why do all the suites have facilities? 

I was not being condescending when I said go to the buffet, I was just stating an option that one has if there is no kettle in the cabin.  Not sure how you are getting the snobbery and condescending part.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, SeaTheW0rld said:

Thanks for the idea about the thermos.  Mine weighs a pound and a half.  I don't know if it will make "the cut", weight-wise.  I'm limited to one 50lb checked and a 17lb carry-on.  Sounds like a lot, but it's a 20-night cruise in multiple climates. 

thermos.png

We live in S Fl, so when we cruise out of Ft L or Miami I have a tendency to over pack and bring things I would never bring on a flight. With the thermos it isn't the weight so much as the real estate it takes up. You just have to make choices. Should I pack the Thermos or should I pack under wear. ; )   

4 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

We live in S Fl, so when we cruise out of Ft L or Miami I have a tendency to over pack and bring things I would never bring on a flight. With the thermos it isn't the weight so much as the real estate it takes up. You just have to make choices. Should I pack the Thermos or should I pack under wear. ; )   

I have plenty of real estate but when you put it that way, I can go commando, turn them inside-out...

• Haha 1