South America

Seame25

10 hours ago, Seame25 said:

I am new to this forum.  Has anyone found any cruises with solo cabins for South America?

Welcome to the forum. I can't answer this personally, as I don't search for solo specific cabins. I choose a cruise by price and ports. There are some European lines that only do South America during certain seasons, but you will want to be comfortable with the demographics and multiple language or predominant non-English. You may, however get more cabin for the price. Some are quite large.

Edit. Now that I think of it, Costa has some single cabins and do South America.

Edited by mef_57
additional info

Look for "single occupancy". Solo cabins are notoriously expensive because the single supplement is built into the price rather than itemized separately, and rarely go on sale.

Not an expert on South America, but I think mef_57 is correct.

11 hours ago, Seame25 said:

Thanks for the info. I will continue to monitor.

A google search will give you a list of cruise lines with single cabins.  I think it is really personal choice and you will need to do some homework.  Either chose a ship of interest and review their itineraries, or find an itinerary of interest and chose a ship.

Some MSC ships have single cabins, but not sure whether these are the ones that do South America or not.  I'll leave that to you to drill down and check.

Good luck.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, Seame25 said:

I am new to this forum.  Has anyone found any cruises with solo cabins for South America?

NCL may be your best bet to not have to pay the full single supplement.

As an example, there is a  re-positioning cruise from Chile to Miami departing on March 16, 2019 ... 16 days ... for only $899 Solo inside plus port/taxes. That is a super deal for 16 days with multiple ports in Chile and Peru. 

Seame25, would you consider expanding on what your want and why you asked for a 'solo cabin'? 

IrieBajan offers a good price, but it is an inside cabin for 2 with a single supplement - not a solo designed cabin - which is what I assumed you were asking for.

Is it that you really want a cabin designed with only one person in mind, or are you wanting a good price for a solo traveler - in a cabin by themselves?

It might help us know what sort of feedback to provide.  Sometimes under 140 characters in a post doesn't provide enough info 😉

2 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

NCL may be your best bet to not have to pay the full single supplement.

As an example, there is a  re-positioning cruise from Chile to Miami departing on March 16, 2019 ... 16 days ... for only $899 Solo inside plus port/taxes. That is a super deal for 16 days with multiple ports in Chile and Peru. 

I saw that one and was tempted.  I really want the cruise to originate in Buenos Aires.  I want to cruise the Chilean fjords.

2 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Seame25, would you consider expanding on what your want and why you asked for a 'solo cabin'? 

IrieBajan offers a good price, but it is an inside cabin for 2 with a single supplement - not a solo designed cabin - which is what I assumed you were asking for.

Is it that you really want a cabin designed with only one person in mind, or are you wanting a good price for a solo traveler - in a cabin by themselves?

It might help us know what sort of feedback to provide.  Sometimes under 140 characters in a post doesn't provide enough info 😉

I have cruised in a studio on NCL.  It was fine.  Yes I am looking , also, at all cabins that have a reduced or no single supplement. Biggest desire,  besides itinerary, is best price.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...