Question about La Bamba Beach Club Costa Maya

4avgtimecruiser

I have a question, does anybody know anything about La bamba Beach club in Costa Maya?  Last Year in March 2018 we went to a place called Beach Break through NCL in Costa Maya. Taking another cruise again this year and had the Beach Break saved in my favorites in NCL, a few months ago when I go to finalize my excursions it has a New Name called La Bamba Beach Club. It had received some not favorable reviews. Now on Cruise Critic I read some good and some bad. Basically is this the same place remodeled or what?? Please let me know.

Thanks

Don't book it, it is dreadful, the worst excursion we have ever been on.  I've copied my posting of the Costa Maya Beach break.

Do not book the Costa maya beach break with royal carribean, we were there today and it is quite honestly the worst excursion we have ever done in thirty odd cruises. 

The whole place is made of shipping containers, toilets, bar, food service area. 

The beach itself is ok, but you cannot walk in the sea, it is rocky and as the water is s murky brown for the first few metres you cannot see where to stand. 

If you just want to sit on the beach and drink out of small plastic cups, this is for you. Otherwise avoid, we  set off at 10 am and we’re waiting for taxi back to ship at 1pm, 20 minutes wait. 

We really tried to make the best of it as it was our last beach day, but couldn’t get in the sea, so rather than waste the day went back to the ship. 

There was no pool, although I thought I had read there was when booking, the beach was called bamba beach 

I think there's some confusion in the reviews on the CC and NCL posts as to the spot.  A lot of excursions have "Beach Break" or " Beach Getaway"  in their descriptions.  Most cruise lines take pains not to list the actual beach club name so cruisers don't go to there on their own and save $.  The 2017 reviews would NOT have been on the site where Sr Frogs was as that was empty the entire year.  Some of the reviews appear to have headed up to Uvero Beach which has snorkeling.  One was even on Maya Chan.

As there are many places along the malecon where you do not need reservations or do not have to have an AI package, if you wish to head to Mahahual for a beach, just take the tram from the port.  Lots of reviews here on places which good service, food and drink and well as places to avoid.

• 1 year later...

We had a wonderful shore excursion at La Bamba during a port call in Costa Maya last week (February, 2020) during the annual Bare Necessities "Big Nude Boat" nude cruise.

Carnival Legend and Bare Necessities arranged for a buy-out of La Bamba for our visit, giving us a luxurious clothes-free day in this lovely destination.

After a 20-minute motorcoach ride from the port, 300 of us arrived at La Bamba in seven coaches and were greeted by their superb, friendly and efficient staff. All of us had our choice of shade or sun on the hundreds of loungers scattered around the property, and we all enjoyed soaking, swimming and wading in the warm, clear water along the long beachfront. The sandy, hard-packed and rock-free beach was an inviting spot to spend the day, which many of us did.

Lunch was included and was excellent. Delicious grilled chicken, Mexican favorites and vegetarian options satisfied everyone, and there were no lines for food thanks to the efficient layout and buffet service.

Drinks from the numerous large bars were also included, and our attentive and friendly bar waiters were ever-present to keep us supplied with local beers, rum and vodka drinks and fresh-made Margaritas.

The two "container" swimming pools were filled with fresh, warm, clear water for soaking, conversation or rinsing off from the ocean. We also had beach volleyball, pool and beach games, and great music from the DJ during our lovely six hours at La Bamba.

We can't say enough good things about the La Bamba and the staff. Everything was excellent. The property is large, spotlessly clean, welcoming, sunny, and roomy. The staff is outstanding and very, very attentive.

Having cruised over 350 nights across 30 years and 39 cruises, this was one of the best port of call destinations ever, and especially so for our group from the nude cruise.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, we will return every time we come to Costa Maya!

IMG_2907_heic.jpg

La Bamba 2.jpg

La Bamba 3.jpg

La Bamba 4.jpg

La Bamba 5.jpg

La Bamba 6.jpg

La Bamba 7.jpg

La Bamba 8.jpg

La Bamba 9.jpg

La Bamba 11.jpg

La Bamba 12.jpg

La Bamba 13.jpg