Enchantment GS 8544

mbtaz

We stayed in 8540. Will that do? ;)

8544 is next to our cabin. It is one closer to midships. It is a connecting cabin. I've never had a connecting cabin, and have no desire to try one. Some people report increased sound infiltration; others say that there isn't.

These are fantastic cabins on an amazing ship. Turn left out your door and walk down the hall and you are at the Concierge Lounge. Use the extra keycard your steward gave you and enter. Giuseppe will be sitting at his desk on your left as you enter, and will greet you warmly. He'll check you on his guest list, and immediately ask what he can do to make your cruise the best that it can be. If it's between 5 and 8 in the evening, he will make or get you a drink. There will be trays of hors d'oeuvres on the table near the sink. Behind Giuseppe's desk, there is a cabinet full of music CDs and movie DVDs. Help yourself, since you have a complete system in your cabin.

Back to your cabin. I assume that it is the mirror-image of mine, so............

When you enter, you will be breathless at the size of your quarters. On the left is the door to the bathroom. (you are actually in an ENTRANCEWAY). This bathroom is LARGER than my bathroom at home, and my bathroom at home is REALLY BIG.

To your right, there is an open marble-floored area in front of three huge mirrored-front closet doors. Facing these closets is a "bar". On the closet side of the bar are drawers, lots of them, for storage. There is a small refrigerator. On top of the bar, against the wall, is a large mirror and glass set of shelves, with a railing on each shelf, holding glasses in three or four different shapes and sizes. On the counter is a large ice bucket full of fresh ice. If you have brought champagne, your steward, Deroy if you are lucky, will run and get a LARGER ice bucket to accommodate this larger bottle.

Walk past this area and you are in the cabin proper. To the right, a large sitting area, furnished with an enormous L shaped sofa area, a large TV, an end table, a coffee table, a chair. Part of the sofa is a queen-size sofabed.

To the left is a queen size bed, if you have asked to have them made up that way. They could be in their "separate, twin" configuration. Behind the bed is a wall of mirrors.

Next to the bed, on the wall which is the side of the bathroom, is a large vanity area. More drawers, huge mirror hiding more shelves. There is a set of shelves to one side which holds the sound system, but there is room to stick some of your stuff, too.

The end tables have more drawers and storage room.

There is a huge heavy drape that you can pull that isolates the bed area from the rest of the cabin. It also encloses the vanity area, leaving complete privacy for sleeping, dressing and primping.

A huge wall of curtains covers the sliding doors to the balcony. Go out and enjoy your large balcony, which will have two loungers, a good-sized table, and maybe a chair or two.

Any more questions? ;)

Thanks for the information. We've had a gs on the Seranade but that being a newer ship, I wasn't sure if the Enchantment gs's would be the same. Sounds like pretty much the same layout. Did your cabin have the very high tub? I loved that the most, lol.

Also, did the conceige lounge have bottled water? On the Seranade they didn't. Not sure if it was because it was a member cruise which means much more diamond/diamond plus members. The Enchantment cruise is also a member cruise.

Thanks again for all the info.

Yes. High tub + MM's short legs = comic scenes

Concierge Lounge....no bottled water. (that I noticed)

Do you remember if the balcony had a light? I know on the Mariner and the Navigator they had lights on the balcony, great for reading out there at night while the little guy was sleeping in the cabin. Thanks again for the info!!

Archived