Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
suncityga

Ponant L'Austral 02/27/19 Antarctica Expedition Trip

Recommended Posts

Anyone else going?

 

Less than 30 days away... we are looking forward to our 7th continent adventure.

16 days from Ushuaia to Montevideo, with landings in the Antarctic peninsula and South Georgia Island. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish we were.  Antarctica is such a wondrous place to visit.  Enjoy your trip and do come back and let us know what the experience is like on Le Ponant ... thinking of sailing with them to another destination in the next couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, h2so4 said:

Wish we were.  Antarctica is such a wondrous place to visit.  Enjoy your trip and do come back and let us know what the experience is like on Le Ponant ... thinking of sailing with them to another destination in the next couple of years.

 

Will do!

 

It's out first time with Ponant, but so far we are very happy with the pre-cruise communication and service.

 

We are really looking forward to Antarctica! Antarctica Expedition Trips are unique because the 'ports of call' are all based on the best weather options and all the shore excursions involve landings using zodiacs for transportation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, suncityga said:

We are really looking forward to Antarctica! Antarctica Expedition Trips are unique because the 'ports of call' are all based on the best weather options and all the shore excursions involve landings using zodiacs for transportation.

 

You are absolutely right.  We’ve been twice on expedition vessels ... once with Quark on an itinerary that took in the Peninsula, Falklands, and South Georgia ... and once with Oceanwide on an itinerary that took in the Peninsula and the Ross Sea on a trip from Ushuaia to Bluff, New Zealand.  The ability to get close to nature and wildlife on Land and zipping around the giant bergs in zodiacs is exceptionally special.  Going with the flow since Mother Nature is in charge of so much that one has no control over is essential to a rewarding experience.

 

If you’re interested, expand my signature for my blog and CC write-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, h2so4 said:

 

You are absolutely right.  We’ve been twice on expedition vessels … 

 

If you’re interested, expand my signature for my blog and CC write-ups.

 

Thank you for the links... fantastic trips and photos!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...