Narita (Tokyo) to Yokohama cruise terminal

waggie

There are several sites with information about getting from the airport to the cruise.

I am interested to know what options other people have found - they all look very costly.

We are cruising with Celebrity in November.

18 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

I would take the Narita Express from Narita to Yokohama Station and then taxi for the short distance to the cruise port. It is a comfortable train and one of the lower cost options. 

Thank you new_cruiser - that is such useful information.

I will google that now.

The above would be the (reliably) fastest way.  A few lower-cost alternatives include

1) taking the bus to the same rail station (or rather, YCAT - Yokohama City Bus Terminal - adjacent to the station) though this is only a little cheaper at JPY3,600 (or JPY 6,000 R/T if returning within 2 weeks).  Taxi as above or taking the metro (or local train) one stop to Sakuragicho (IIRC) where the terminal shuttle busses come and go (bus loop outside the station, across the plaza on the northeast side).

2) Take the cheap bus from Narita to Tokyo (JPY 1,000) which stops at Ginza and Tokyo Central station (IIRC) and take a train to Yokohama from there to above.  Not recommended if travel is during rush hour.  The closest metro stop is Nihon Odori.

There is also a discount on the limousine bus for over 65 year olds.   It is 2000 yen but only if you get off at YCAT.  If going to one of the other stops its full price.

There is also a cheaper train 1940 yen.  it is slower but no transfer anywhere.  Get on the train at narita terminal 1 which is the beginning of the route, find a corner to sit in and stay put til Yokohama.   We take this train every time we cruise.  It is the JR Sobu /Narita line rapid train.   

www.hyperdia.com for the information I have copied below.

It hasnt successfully copied but the one I have tried to post departs Narita Term 1 at 9.02 am arrives Yokohama 11.08 am and at approx 30 mins intervals througout the day.

Route1
Take time: 126 Minutes  Transfer: 0 Times  Distance: 110.9 km  
Total:¥ 1,940(TicketFare:¥ 1,940  Seat Fee:¥ 0)  Commuting ticket(1mon:¥ 52,480  3mon:¥ 149,560  6mon:¥ 267,500)
Time Route Fare Seat Fee UsefulLink
09:02
begin NARITA AIRPORT TERMINAL 1 
Station timetable | Add to favorite
icon_arrow01.gif

[46 Min]
through
  • JR Sobu/Narita Line Rapid  for OFUNA
Train timetable | Interval timetable
icon_arrow04.gif

09:48
09:53
through CHIBA 
[ Arrival track No.9 / Departure track No.9 ]

icon_arrow04.gif

[40 Min]
through
  • JR Sobu Line Rapid Service  for OFUNA
¥1,940
Green seat: ¥780Unreserved seat: ¥0  
10:33
10:35
through TOKYO 
[ Arrival track No.1 / Departure track No.1 ]

icon_arrow04.gif

[33 Min]
through
  • JR Yokosuka Line  for OFUNA
icon_arrow04.gif

11:08
end YOKOHAMA 
[ Arrival track No.9 ]

Add to favorite
icon_arrow02.gif

Edited by Tara Jane

You don't have to fly into Narita - Haneda is much closer to Yokohama.

Many international airlines have flights into Haneda.  Singapore Air has an arrival in the afternoon we are using to go into a more reasonabley priced hotel in Yokohama. There are buses from Haneda to various areas.  We are using the bus direct to Shin Yokohama as have bought a Shinkansen Pass to use before joining the cruise.

Thank you SeaDog-46 - and Tara Jane for all your help.

I was just about to give up on the cruise as direct flight prices  from London rose yesterday by over £300 -stupidly I had delayed purchasing!!!

I have just looked at using Haneda with Cathay Pacific from London via Hong Kong, makes for a longer journey, but when we get there  we will be close to the port. Hotels - most Yokohama hotels have free cancellation only until April.

Can you give me a link or details of the bus please?

For those arriving Narita Airport and going to Yokohama for a pre-cruise stay. The Airport Limousine Bus provide a route directly from the airport to Hotel New Grand in Yokohama as the final stop. This route is not as frequent as the buses going into Tokyo but without the hassle of bus/trains transfers. Cost 3600Y one way. This route makes two stops at the two Haneda terminals, so I would think passengers can catch this bus from there to Yokohama also. We did this on our December cruise out of Yokohama with a night pre-cruise at the Rose Hotel near Chinatown, just about three short blocks from Hotel New Grand. If you have a hotel in this area, this can be a convenient option. Personally, I like to take the limousine bus because I don't have to deal with chugging along the luggage going through train and bus terminals. Just hand over the bags to the porters at the bus stop outside the terminal and pick them up when you get off the bus. Very easy and you can enjoy the scenery along the way. When purchasing bus tickets, make sure you ask for the bus that ends at Hotel New Grand and not YCAT. The staff at the counter may not be aware of this route. I had to tell them I did not want YCAT but Hotel New Grand. 

From Rose Hotel, the cost for our taxi to Osanbashi was 700Y.

This has to be the best part of cc- even better than a busy roll call!

The advice is so good. Well, we now have booked flights to Narita at a better price than yesterday, a hotel in Yokohama for the night before our cruise and now great ideas for getting there- only 10 months to go!

To assist you in planning your trip from Narita to Yokohama, you might try searching youtube.  For example, the following is one of many videos on using the Limo Bus.  The cost of a taxi from Yokohama City Air Terminal (YCAT) to a hotel near the port was about US$20 to $25.