EZ Cruise Parking - Galveston

fatpug

I use it regularly and am using it again in March.  It’s an easy walk to the terminal if you choose to drop your bags and other passengers at the terminal and don’t have mobility problems.  I can’t comment on the shuttle since I’ve never used it.  They have a loyalty program and give additional discounts for certain categories of customers so check their website if you’re a frequent cruiser out of Galveston as we are.  It’s an outdoor lot so won’t be what you want if you are set on inside.  In that case look at Galveston Park and Cruise.  

Edited by lifes-a-beach

We've also used them in the past.  We just parked and made the 5 minute walk to the terminal with our luggage.  They do provide a discount if you don't use the shuttle as well as other industry discounts.  They also have a loyalty program for frequent users.  Very easy to work with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 9:00 AM, Paul Bogle said:

We always use EZ-cruise in Galveston. I drop our party off with the luggage go park and walk back. When we return I walk over pick up the car and come back for the party and luggage. 

What documentation is needed when dropping family / luggage off, and then when walking back from parking?  Just ID or cruise docs?   Thanks!

I take both my boarding pass and passport as my wife sometimes checks in before I get there and is waiting on me to board.  It seems lately we have checked 8n together though as we get to the port around 11 and there’s not much of a line.  At least at the RCI terminal.  

• 1 month later...

I use them all of the time.  when using the shuttle just follow their rules.  They will load the luggage first then the passengers.  at port they unload luggage first them passengers.  just relax and go with the flow.  have seen some rude people, just slows the process down for the rest of us.

18 hours ago, TxShipShape said:

I use them all of the time.  when using the shuttle just follow their rules.  They will load the luggage first then the passengers.  at port they unload luggage first them passengers.  just relax and go with the flow.  have seen some rude people, just slows the process down for the rest of us.

“Just relax and go with the flow”

Absolutely!  I remember about 20 years ago we got in a shuttle somewhere and the driver had a cooler of Jell-O shots. Everyone went with the flow that day for sure.  Plus it made the lines to board more tolerable.  

21 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

“Just relax and go with the flow”

Absolutely!  I remember about 20 years ago we got in a shuttle somewhere and the driver had a cooler of Jell-O shots. Everyone went with the flow that day for sure.  Plus it made the lines to board more tolerable.  

Would love to find that shuttle service!!

On 1/31/2019 at 4:02 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

I use it regularly and am using it again in March.  It’s an easy walk to the terminal if you choose to drop your bags and other passengers at the terminal and don’t have mobility problems.  I can’t comment on the shuttle since I’ve never used it.  They have a loyalty program and give additional discounts for certain categories of customers so check their website if you’re a frequent cruiser out of Galveston as we are.  It’s an outdoor lot so won’t be what you want if you are set on inside.  In that case look at Galveston Park and Cruise.  

Is it worhth the little extra for a car cover or better to buy a car cover?

That’s really a personal preference thing.  I drive a full sized pickup so won’t be covering it myself, first because the wind blows there pretty much all the time which would make it hard to do alone and second because I’m just lazy.  In addition, I always anticipate having it detailed when we get home anyway.  If you don’t mind doing it I say go for it.  For me it would just be something else taking up room in my garage between cruises.