Buenos Aires to Iguazu - my point of view

Valley Girl of VA

To quote the title of a much loved Brit comedy, “Absolutely Fabulous!”  One of the very best reviews I’ve come across, it really made me feel as though I was there! Thankfully my wife and I will be in just over three weeks time.  It’s giving so much practical advice even if you aren’t planning on staying at The Melia. No doubt I’ll be back with a few questions as time passes, but thank you so much for taking the trouble to post.

Steve

2 hours ago, caneable said:

To quote the title of a much loved Brit comedy, “Absolutely Fabulous!”  One of the very best reviews I’ve come across, it really made me feel as though I was there! Thankfully my wife and I will be in just over three weeks time.  It’s giving so much practical advice even if you aren’t planning on staying at The Melia. No doubt I’ll be back with a few questions as time passes, but thank you so much for taking the trouble to post.

Steve

I'm flattered.  Thank you for reading and posting your comments.  Have a wonderful time.

Jane

Yes, thanks VAValleyGirl! 

We will be there in 36 days, staying at the Panoramic Grand.  How did you get to bid on the 1st class upgrade?  I'd be interested in trying our luck!

BTW we love both of your US locales!

8 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Yes, thanks VAValleyGirl! 

We will be there in 36 days, staying at the Panoramic Grand.  How did you get to bid on the 1st class upgrade?  I'd be interested in trying our luck!

BTW we love both of your US locales!

When we booked our tickets they asked us if what price we would pay to travel first class.  I added in our amount and a few days before the flight, we heard from them.  

So you like both of my locales TMLA alum!  Most people don't notice it.  My third locale is playing in the Super Bowl this weekend - originally from Boston and I have the accent to prove it 🙂

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:35 PM, Valley Girl of VA said:

Was there last year and just getting around to writing my blog post on it.  Hope you enjoy it:  https://airlandandsea.wordpress.com/2019/01/31/iguazu-falls-have-you-been-there-or-heard-of-them/

Sounds amazing.  We are planning to visit next year.  We actually thought to fly to Buenos Aires a 3-4 days pre-cruise & visit the falls before the cruise.  We thought to fly back from Iguazu & then check in to the ship.  As it's staying overnight, it wouldn't matter if we checked in late afternoon.  I understand Latam also fly there, did you consider them?

On 2/28/2019 at 4:56 AM, We-R-Off said:

Sounds amazing.  We are planning to visit next year.  We actually thought to fly to Buenos Aires a 3-4 days pre-cruise & visit the falls before the cruise.  We thought to fly back from Iguazu & then check in to the ship.  As it's staying overnight, it wouldn't matter if we checked in late afternoon.  I understand Latam also fly there, did you consider them?

I did consider LATAM and that was the airline I flew down and back on.  There were no flights at the time I wanted them from AEP.  I do think they might have added more since I had booked this trip about eleven months out (used AA points to book on LATAM).