CURRENT PLATINUM GIFT

Cruisegirl6

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Regardless of tax aspect, the point of the GIFT was a logo item as thanks.  Note I did not say choose from a catalog (untenable) or discount item.  You might not like the “plan” but that it is what it is.  Plats have grown exponentially and make some of the GIFTS in the past unrealistic from a cost perspective.   

Look for changes in the program later this year.   

I don't understand why it's an unrealistic cost perspective when it's tax deductible and they get it back.  I have done enough bulk buying to know that the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.  Gift giving is suppose to be something that the recipient would use...not something that a lot of people have no use for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I don't understand why it's an unrealistic cost perspective when it's tax deductible and they get it back.  I have done enough bulk buying to know that the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.  Gift giving is suppose to be something that the recipient would use...not something that a lot of people have no use for.

A write off does not equal no cost, it means there is a credit when it comes to tax.  The whole purpose of the gift was a Carnival logo item as a token of thanks for being loyal and reaching a level of loyalty.  Not a discount, not a free this or that.  When the number of these per ship reaches so many, it is untenable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, jimbo5544 said:

A write off does not equal no cost, it means there is a credit when it comes to tax.  The whole purpose of the gift was a Carnival logo item as a token of thanks for being loyal and reaching a level of loyalty.  Not a discount, not a free this or that.  When the number of these per ship reaches so many, it is untenable.  

Agree 100% with this post. 

7 hours ago, evandbob said:

Last week on the Conquest, it was a small rubber luggage tag.

Thanks for the update. Last cruise we ended up with the lanyard. Gave them to a couple of kids at the table next to us at dinner.  If the gift is still the luggage tags i will use them.