12:20 FLIGHT OUT OF FT. LAUDERDALE

susan1957

Probably. FLL is hit or miss re: TSA lines. Even with pre check we waited 45 mins once. Do you have pre arranged shuttle from POM? We once also had total traffic stoppage on I-95 from an accident. If things all go smoothly it may be doable.

2 hours ago, susan1957 said:

WILL I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE A 12;20 FLIGHT OUT OF FT. LAUDERDALE..TIA

Does your ship dock in Ft Lauderdale?  If so you are very, very close to the airport and making your flight will be easy.

if your ship docks in Miami and you have to travel to Ft Lauderdale you will still have time if you get off the ship early and have pre-arranged transportation,

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Piece of cake.... especially if your cruising out of Ft Lauderdale. We've regularly booked 11am flights and we cruise during holidays and spring break seasons and have never come close to being nervous or worried....as a matter of fact we have a 12:50pm flight out of FLL on Easter Sunday after our cruise and  I plan to be one of the last off the ship.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, GTO-Girl said:

Does your ship dock in Ft Lauderdale?  If so you are very, very close to the airport and making your flight will be easy.

if your ship docks in Miami and you have to travel to Ft Lauderdale you will still have time if you get off the ship early and have pre-arranged transportation,

Have a wonderful cruise!!

We dock in Ft. Lauderdale....just going to grab a cab....

On 1/31/2019 at 6:31 PM, lcpagejr said:

Piece of cake.... especially if your cruising out of Ft Lauderdale. We've regularly booked 11am flights and we cruise during holidays and spring break seasons and have never come close to being nervous or worried....as a matter of fact we have a 12:50pm flight out of FLL on Easter Sunday after our cruise and  I plan to be one of the last off the ship.

Great, thanks for your reply...Enjoy your cruise!

Last month, We had an 11:30 flight out of FLL. We did self-assist and made it with plenty of time.

• We were at the Platinum meeting point at 7:09 (on the Conquest)
  • Off the ship at 7:15
  • Through Customs by 7:35
  • Waited for a taxi until 7:50
  • Arrived at airport check-in at 8:00
  • Went through TSA security check and were sitting at the departure gate looking for coffee by 8:35

And that was during the government shutdown...

So, as long as the ship gets in on time, it’s no issue.

Edited by crooooze

1 hour ago, goofygal531 said:

Would love to hear experiences from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport.

We plan to do self-assist, have Transportation shuttle arranged, and have TSA Pre check.

i think we’ll be fine. But enjoy reading everyone’s experiences.

I have done that numerous times.  I also used Carnival shuttles back.  I am at Fort Lauderdale airport most always by 9 am.  Luggage check in there can be 60 minutes or 5 minutes depending on how many ships are in.  I have been through with 9 ships in and it is standing room only.  

Last weekend we were debarking the Conquest in Ft Lauderdale. We had FTTF but did not use self debarkation. Our group  was leaving the dining room at 8:20 as we were walking up for our 8:30 meeting time so Diamonds and Platinums would have been just before us. We used the Mobil Passport app so we were able to go to the front of what little line there was at customs. Super fast and easy!

Edited by lennythenose