Sydney Restaurant suggestions

rhsjr

There are a few threads on this topic and as ever food is subjective.

there are a lot of options around that area from cafes (not unlike your dinners) to fast food, to 5 star and everything in between.

what sort of food do you like and what do you consider expensive?

Sydney is expensive, but you benefit on exchange rate and you won’t need to add 20%+ to everything as a tip.

6 minutes ago, rhsjr said:

To me (in USD), expensive would be for dinner (no alcohol), anything over $30/pp. Breakfast anything over $15/pp (I must be cheap 🙂  )

Roughly $40 and 20 Aus.

right you might look at City Extra Circular Quay (dinner type place) as one option cityextra.com.au

Mrs G is fond of ribsandburgers.com

and finefoodstore.com

I think all those sites have some pricing which will give you some idea, a walk around circular quay will show plenty of other option but you now have some idea on pricing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swissmiss6253 said:

That is not a lot of money for Sydney, especially that area.  Walk up to China Town, lots of really good places there that would suit your budget, as well as Mr Gut's suggestions closer to home.

Yep China Town is a good suggestion, also the food courts in the shopping centres are worth a look.

• Like 1

For a sweet breakfast walk the Quay going toward the opera house area and stop a Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe for breakfast at least once!  There are a lot of traditional breakfast and coffee places all over the Quay particularly near the ferry area.  We enjoyed Alfredo's Italian next to the Sydney Harbour Marriott.  There are a lot of good restaurants in the Rocks area.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

For a sweet breakfast walk the Quay going toward the opera house area and stop a Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe for breakfast at least once!  There are a lot of traditional breakfast and coffee places all over the Quay particularly near the ferry area.  We enjoyed Alfredo's Italian next to the Sydney Harbour Marriott.  There are a lot of good restaurants in the Rocks area.

There’s a Guylian in the Rocks too haven’t had breakfast there yet, but looked at it last year, looked good,

14 hours ago, Swissmiss6253 said:

My brother and I were heading up to the Opera House a little while ago.  My intent was to take him to East and have a nice healthy sashimi lunch.  Somehow we got pulled into the Guylian cafe and had opera cake for lunch instead!

Yeah I keep headin to the salad bar and somehow ending up in the chocolate shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For breakfast, City Extra at Circular Quay is great. Very much like an American Diner.  5 min stroll from the 4 Seasons  (didn't you get breakfast included? Just ask at check in If they can throw it in).

Also Pancakes on the Rocks is pretty good If you like that sort of thing. 

Billy Blue restaurant up the road in George Street is always pretty solid

As was mentioned, it is a training restaurant, so be kind to the waiters. 🙂

and it is an open secret with the "Ladies who lunch", so better pre-book. Unlikely guy get a walk in spot.

https://www.williamblue.edu.au/about/william-blue-dining#book

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was also successful finding good food in my moderate price range in The Rocks. There are plenty of nice cafes, grills, bistro - whatever the title, scattered through the charming area. I don't have my travel journey with me at the moment or I'd list a few places, sorry I don't have names handy off hand though I can sure see myself walking around and making my decisions, sitting outside at one with some new friends at another clear as anything!

I walked around Sydney a lot so very often I'd decide upon a place after I'd been strolling around awhile. And I applaud everyone stopping in for a chocolate breakfast, lunch or dinner as it's always been one of my major food groups especially when traveling. I like to think the sugar gives me energy for all the walking or exploring.

At least that was one of the reasons I always told myself. I'm out of excuses now. 😉

(But you really can't not have an Opera when you are at or near the Opera, can you? Exactly. )

• Like 1