Kid's Club Age Groups

Zaffaris

Does anyone know how firm RCL is about their age groups for kids club? I am planning a family cruise and we will have two 11 year olds, one 9 year old, and a 6 year old.  From what I'm reading we will have the 9 year old and the 11 year olds in a group and the 6 year old by himself.  I would like for my 9 year old nephew and my 6 year old nephew to be in a group.  I don't want any one kid to be alone plus, my 11 year old niece and her friend would be grateful not to have a little brother hanging around.  Can anyone tell me if they were able to persuade RCL to work around the age groupings?

They are usually pretty firm about the age groups, unless there are very few children on board. You won’t really know until you are on your cruise - what ship and what time of year?  They may occasionally combine age groups but I think that is more likely to happen with the 12 and over.

You can ask but be prepared to have them say no. If it’s a normal cruise with normal numbers they cannot be expected to make changes; not something you should expect.

If anything at all they are more likely to move be a child down than up in age. Not sure a 9-year-old would have a good time with 6-year-olds. It would be the 6-8 group. 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

Your idea does not seem very fair to the nine year old. While you may be happy to have a nine year old with a six year old, I'm not sure other parents of the six year olds on board would appreciate THEIR kids being with a child from an older age group. You will have six year olds who are still in kindergarten (depending on what time of year you cruise), and your nine year old would likely be in at least fourth grade. Let the kids stick with their appropriate age groups. 

• Like 2