Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

36 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I was lucky enough to catch Ovation on a repo from Southampton to Barca on her way to China, balcony cabin, flights & hotel stay for £800pp.... doubt that will ever happen again 🙂

I was on that cruise too as a solo, in a balcony, and it was cheap! What awful weather we had lol!

Edited by little britain

17 minutes ago, little britain said:

I was on that cruise too as a solo, in a balcony, and it was cheap! What awful weather we had lol!

Yes I remember you were :) yes rained from when we got on until our second night in Barcelona ha but it was a great cruise for the price on a brand new ship :) we had the DP so it didn't really matter ha and the solarium on Ovation was great

4 minutes ago, smarcbie said:

The dates for April and early May 2021 Caribbean cruises are out. Can we expect Odyssey to sail that area later in May or will her cruises be added to the already posted schedule?

Not all the itineraries have been released.  More to be released the week of March 11th.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Quiet at Meyer Werft when it comes to this ship. 

Here is a block plan to keep us entertained in the meantime. :classic_tongue:

Lloyd thanks. Is this block plan currently identical to the one for Spectrum as far as you know? I can't tell if it also includes those new forward suites on Spectrum. Thanks.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, debgreg said:

I was lucky enough to catch Ovation on a repo from Southampton to Barca on her way to China, balcony cabin, flights & hotel stay for £800pp.... doubt that will ever happen again 🙂

I was on that cruise too!  Had a fab time 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Are they behind schedule on those other two builds? Fall of 2020 sounds ambitious for completion of Odyssey with two ships still  in the hall.

They build the ships in blocks, mega blocks (assembly of blocks) and I imagine super blocks (assembly of mega blocks).  If you find videos of float-outs of completed ships from this shipyard you will see in some what looks to be only a section of a ship.  Those floating sections are then floated into the portion of the hall seen in the pictures above and assembled into the complete ship.  I'm sure the block and mega block construction is well under way.

1 hour ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Are they behind schedule on those other two builds? Fall of 2020 sounds ambitious for completion of Odyssey with two ships still  in the hall.

No, not yet. The Norwegian Encore is to come by the end of October. Iona (spring 2020) just started (as the Spectrum opened up the space in the building hall). So when the Norwegian Encore is out of the building hall Odyssey (fall 2020) will be the next. Meyer is able to build two large ships and one small one per year.

steamboats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

No, not yet. The Norwegian Encore is to come by the end of October. Iona (spring 2020) just started (as the Spectrum opened up the space in the building hall). So when the Norwegian Encore is out of the building hall Odyssey (fall 2020) will be the next. Meyer is able to build two large ships and one small one per year.

steamboats

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

Just the steel cut. No keel laying yet.

steamboats

Thanks for the update. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Lloyd - Thanks for the photo updates. Are those other blocks parked somewhere outside Mayer Werft ship yard?  I gather that soon some of those blocks will be moved into Hall 6 behind Iona. 

Yes they are at the shipyard.

There are some Odyssey blocks alongside Iona up on the dock inside Hall 6. They can be seen in Encore float out and webcam images.