Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

On 6/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, twangster said:

Woohoo!  I'm still booked on the inaugural sailing!  Now I just have to get to Rome by plane instead of by ship.  

I was soooo close to booking the transAltlantic cruise with a Med following  I'm glad I still have my June cruise  I hope Odyssey is up & running by then.   btw, I've had 2 price drops and saved $1,060 since I booked in November

39 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I was soooo close to booking the transAltlantic cruise with a Med following  I'm glad I still have my June cruise  I hope Odyssey is up & running by then.   btw, I've had 2 price drops and saved $1,060 since I booked in November

Congratulations on the price drops.  We regularly check cruise fare prices and also have gotten several price reductions.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, hallux said:

Not only that, but the Studio cabin is gone!  As a solo traveler, this is disappointing, unless they moved them.

We had a Jr Suite on the Ovation sailing from Singapore to Tianjin in 2017... and when we got to our cabin, we noticed two cabin numbers outside our door... Opened the door, found a door to the right and a door straight on.  The gentleman in the single cabin to the right said, hello (I think he was an Aussie) we spoke to him twice again during the cruise and never heard a sound from his cabin.  That is a strange arrangement, but was great to carve a little space for a single cruiser like that.  Our bathroom separated between our beds, pretty nice layout.  Our cabin was small but we had a great balcony, not tiny small, but definitely not as large as some Freedom class aft Jr Suites.  

JC

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

and when we got to our cabin, we noticed two cabin numbers outside our door

I'll be honest - when I sailed on Anthem I walked past the door 3-4 times before I realized that was also my door!  It took 5-10 minutes to find the cabin the first time.  I only saw my "vestibule-mates" (the JS occupants) once and they were't sure my room was even occupied!

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is a strange arrangement, but was great to carve a little space for a single cruiser like that. 

These two cabins connect to a third on the Quantum - the adjacent balcony forward of the Jr. Suite - forming a Family Connected cabin.  The idea was that the studio would be great as a bunkroom for kids traveling in the family group using the other 2 cabins and allow them to be booked separately when demand wasn't there. Guess this worked better in theory since it evolved back to individual disconnected cabins on later Q class.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

On 8/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, hallux said:

Not only that, but the Studio cabin is gone!  As a solo traveler, this is disappointing, unless they moved them.

Not seeing them on deck plans.  The 12 studio balconies are all that I see.   I book a regular cabin usually, because the studios can actually cost more at times and you don't get double points.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:23 PM, twangster said:

Will Meyers Werft stay afloat with P&O refusing to take delivery of Iona and Royal pushing delivery of Odyssey that far?

Not sure about refusal to take delivery but Iona's out for sea trials again.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

This ship in general has less of the higher suites than the other Quantum Class ships. On the sister ships, were you had some types of suites around mid-ship, on Odyssey those were replaced with extended balcony cabins or Junior Suites. You will also notice that all the sisters had JS with a big angular balcony on just about every deck mid-ship at the beginning of the hump. On Odyssey, two extended balcony cabins have been put in those locations. The J1 Junior suites on deck 6, are not in the same location compared to the other Quantum Class ships. I haven't done the count, but there may be more "balcony" cabins on Odyssey compared to the sisters due to reduced bigger suites.  

Maybe to cut down on crowding in the CL/SL and CK😉🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

That's a good point John. I wonder if what is shown on the deck plan as CL will stay as such. 

I can't find it now, but there was a slide that said SL floating around at one time

• Like 1

On August 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM, John&LaLa said:

I can't find it now, but there was a slide that said SL floating around at one time

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see from what level suites they would allow in the SL since there are not too many "higher tier" suites on this ship compared to other Quantum Class. 

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see from what level suites they would allow in the SL since there are not too many "higher tier" suites on this ship compared to other Quantum Class. 

GS and up, that's the std for a full suite

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, John&LaLa said:

Bottom right corner.

484794150_OdysseyFactSheet.thumb.jpg.b09cf360ee7fb21e22f3a90436debacc.jpg

The fact sheet for the other sisters still says Concierge Club.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/ships/

Also noted above the maiden voyage has been updated to April 2021.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't Spectrum unique to the China market, though

Indeed.  Spectrum has Golden and Silver suites blocked off from the masses requiring key card access to the hallways and the whole Golden Suite area where the spa is on Odyssey probably accounts for a good number of the total cabin differences.  

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't Spectrum unique to the China market, though

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Indeed.  Spectrum has Golden and Silver suites blocked off from the masses requiring key card access to the hallways and the whole Golden Suite area where the spa is on Odyssey probably accounts for a good number of the total cabin differences.  

Yes as Twangster notes too. At least part of the stateroom count difference are those very ones on decks 15 and 16 on Spectrum. As we noted earlier, there's definitely less suites on Odyssey. 

Edit - Have to give Twangster credit though, he noted a long time ago here that the CL will become a SL. 

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Edit - Have to give Twangster credit though, he noted a long time ago here that the CL will become a SL. 

Not sure the sign on the door matters as much as the policy for its use - that seems to have been settled for Q class in Jan when D+ were booted.

• Haha 1