Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

See the thruster marker, x in a circle, look for it in the Anthem picture. Plus the Odyssey will ride a little lower once full.

As far as Port side, the big O will definitely be on the flat part of the lower hull

Plus on the starboard side the bulk of her name will be exposed to the dock and the bumpers.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

As far as Port side, the big O will definitely be on the flat part of the lower hull

Edit

Unless they do a mirrow image of the Port side onto the Starboard

side "yessydO" :classic_biggrin: 

I just realized that the in the current photo the name is on the port side. :classic_smile:

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Edit

Unless they do a mirrow image of the Port side onto the Starboard

side "yessydO" :classic_biggrin: 

I just realized that the in the current photo the name is on the port side. :classic_smile:

I'm easily confused.

I usually use Port or Fork is Left (4 letters)

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

I´m not sure... but didn´t they mount the Sky Pad inside for test purposes only and then removed it because with the Sky Pad the ship won´t be able to pass the gates of the building hall? Hasn´t this been done with the previous ships?

steamboats

Nope. The Sky Pad stayed on.

20200914_060854.thumb.jpg.98f7c8f6daf44e0743acf94cdd49ecac.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

What a beautiful shot.  It looks like Odyssey is sparkling.

That is Spectrum of the Seas. 

Showing that the Sky Pad was on board her for float out.

Edited by Lloyd555

30 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

What does 'blocks are in the house' mean?

Ah. Blocks Are In The House.

A term handed down from one cruise ship build to another in the Cruise Critic universe. It refers favorably to the first appearance of the cruise ship blocks in the shipyard.

20200914_195704.thumb.jpg.4f83986034b8c7fd29c6ca6ace8e2a23.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

And in case you're wondering - these ships are built in segments.  They aren't built in the dock plate by plate, they're built on land in sections called "blocks" and then assembled in the dock (think manufactured modular home, arrives at the building site in 2 or more pieces).  Sometimes "blocks" are pre-assembled in "megablocks" to then be put together to form the ship.

So.. "blocks are in the house" refers to the appearance of those segments.

• Like 3

Maybe somebody asked this question, but I do not like to search 26 pages:

I booked a standard balcony cabin, and suddenly I notised the size of the cabin is comparable to our first cruise with Sovereign, and 6 m2 smaller than those standard balconies on Oasis class, It looks as if you want that size, you have to book a cabin with large balcony. 11 m2 for 3 People is very small. I checked both the american and the Norwegian home page of RCI.

40 minutes ago, sbtagent said:

I booked a standard balcony cabin, and suddenly I notised the size of the cabin is comparable to our first cruise with Sovereign, and 6 m2 smaller than those standard balconies on Oasis class, It looks as if you want that size, you have to book a cabin with large balcony. 11 m2 for 3 People is very small. I checked both the american and the Norwegian home page of RCI.

Incorrect information on the deck plans.

there are the same number of balcony cabins per deck as Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and the balconies will be the same size as those 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Incorrect information on the deck plans.

there are the same number of balcony cabins per deck as Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and the balconies will be the same size as those 

This is what the booking page says, probably not correct:

Enjoy the ocean sounds from your a private balcony and sitting area.

Size
Stateroom: 119 sq. ft.
Balcony: 50 sq. ft.

4 hours ago, sbtagent said:

Shockingly, I think the Royal website shows the wrong size for your cabin.  The deck plan website I use shows the smallest balcony at 177 square feet (16.4 m2) with most matching the Oasis class size for balcony cabins.  I would contact Royal or your Travel Agent to check.

6 hours ago, sbtagent said:

Our standard balcony cabin on Ovation was quite roomy and very comfortable.  This class of ship has very roomy cabins, so I think what you read is wrong.

Ovation Cabin 8520

Ovation Cabin 8520

20190521_105548-313x450.jpg

We are booked in another standard balcony cabin for 23 nights next year and looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, sbtagent said:

This is what the booking page says, probably not correct:

Enjoy the ocean sounds from your a private balcony and sitting area.

Size
Stateroom: 119 sq. ft.
Balcony: 50 sq. ft.

Is it possible you were looking at Single Solo cabins?   They are 100 sq (interior) or 120 sq (balcony). Balcony size is 55 sq feet.

At least that what cruise mapper says. Scroll down a couple pages. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Odyssey-Of-The-Seas-1862

Edited by HBE4