Insurance coverage missed port

2wheelin

Have read on these boards about insurance payments for missing a port on the itinerary and I am searching for one. Check Nationwide Cruise and the only thing it says is coverage up to the amount of non-refundable excursions. I have read where people say they get $500-$750 just for missing the port. Can anyone clarify as this is what I see:

In the event a Cruise makes a change in Your Trip itinerary after Your actual departure date that prevents You from participating in an event/activity pre-paid prior to departure and scheduled on Your Trip itinerary, nonrefundable pre-paid event/activity expenses will be reimbursed up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.

Benefits will not be paid if the event/activity is rescheduled during the course of the Trip.

Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

5 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Have read on these boards about insurance payments for missing a port on the itinerary and I am searching for one. Check Nationwide Cruise and the only thing it says is coverage up to the amount of non-refundable excursions. I have read where people say they get $500-$750 just for missing the port. Can anyone clarify as this is what I see:

In the event a Cruise makes a change in Your Trip itinerary after Your actual departure date that prevents You from participating in an event/activity pre-paid prior to departure and scheduled on Your Trip itinerary, nonrefundable pre-paid event/activity expenses will be reimbursed up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.

Benefits will not be paid if the event/activity is rescheduled during the course of the Trip.

Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

Change in itinerary must be prior to trip departure date for you to receive a "missed port" payment. You will submit the original itinerary, the modified itinerary that you received PRIOR to departure date and then proof of completing the trip...... 

It's the very first "benefit" list:

https://travel.nationwide.com/cruise?_ga=1.235300289.134863576.1491837770

16 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Change in itinerary must be prior to trip departure date for you to receive a "missed port" payment. You will submit the original itinerary, the modified itinerary that you received PRIOR to departure date and then proof of completing the trip...... 

It's the very first "benefit" list:

There is also a plan that pays for each missed port after trip departure (I called and talked to them) but is not available in certain states—mine included. Oh well, my insurance premium will be less.

19 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

There is also a plan that pays for each missed port after trip departure (I called and talked to them) but is not available in certain states—mine included. Oh well, my insurance premium will be less.

Do you have a link to that because that would be extremely helpful or the policy name? I've only read about the "pre departure" policy. 

Yes, I bought this policy and received $1250 for each insured person for a change in itinerary.  Really eased the pain of missing the port 🥳.

You must provide your final bill, along with the other required documentation, so you won’t get paid until after your return.

As stated, this policy isn’t available in all states.

Edited by 6rugrats

On 2/5/2019 at 11:49 AM, 6rugrats said:

Yes, I bought this policy and received $1250 for each insured person for a change in itinerary.  Really eased the pain of missing the port 🥳.

You must provide your final bill, along with the other required documentation, so you won’t get paid until after your return.

As stated, this policy isn’t available in all states.

Just want to clarify what I said earlier.....this particular policy is a "change in itinerary" BEFORE departure? 

I had an itinerary change before departure, which results in the largest payout.  They also offer coverage for a change that occurs during your cruise, and coverage if this causes you to miss a pre-paid excursion.

You can read the details on Nationwide’s Webpage.

1 hour ago, 6rugrats said:

I had an itinerary change before departure, which results in the largest payout.  They also offer coverage for a change that occurs during your cruise, and coverage if this causes you to miss a pre-paid excursion.

You can read the details on Nationwide’s Webpage.

Correct..... already been discussed in this thread (and I actually included a link to Nationwide policy I. Post #2)......   

You stated you had a payout because of a change in itinerary but didn't qualify it was pre departure. Sounded like you had a different policy because OP asked about post departure "missed port" coverage that was beyond just "pre-paid excursion coverage"

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:35 PM, esm54687 said:

Do you have a link to that because that would be extremely helpful or the policy name? I've only read about the "pre departure" policy. 

Shipboard Service Disruptions (Itinerary Change Inconvenience Benefit)

A one-time benefit of up to $250 per person if the cruise line suffers a mechanical breakdown, fire, virus outbreak or other covered service disruption during your cruise causing the cruise to change.