Is it really worth it to have a Suite?

HoneymoonCruiser5

Not interested in a suite on any cruise line.

The "value" depends upon what experience you want.

That is totally unique to each person. There is no single answer.

On a cruise, we are rarely in our room. We refuse to pay for a butler, poor quality canapes, stocked bar etc. Not interested in the extra real estate. 

Also as another poster said, there are other ways to spend disposable income that is not allocated to a suite; the increment can be spent on a wonderful Porsche for example or sitting here at the Westin Mission Hill in Palm Springs, California where the room, service and food exceed anything provided on our last Oceania cruise.

It is up to people to decide where they spend. 

4 hours ago, Doubt It said:

Not interested in a suite on any cruise line.

The "value" depends upon what experience you want.

That is totally unique to each person. There is no single answer.

On a cruise, we are rarely in our room. We refuse to pay for a butler, poor quality canapes, stocked bar etc. Not interested in the extra real estate. 

Also as another poster said, there are other ways to spend disposable income that is not allocated to a suite; the increment can be spent on a wonderful Porsche for example or sitting here at the Westin Mission Hill in Palm Springs, California where the room, service and food exceed anything provided on our last Oceania cruise.

It is up to people to decide where they spend. 

We prefer the dollar stores. 😁

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, montgomeryfamily said:

I look forward to your report!  I hope that you have a great cruise!

I don't know about those balcony cabins on the Island Princess.  But when we went through the Panama Canal locks on the Dawn Princess, we could go out onto the balcony when it was going through the locks.  That was a long time ago and things may have changed since then.

Here is my report as promised, lol.  Cabin is PR727. This accessible suite was more like a mini suite. Not very accessible for a wheelchair user. Balcony doors dont open wide enough for my mom's small walker to go through so no way any wheelchair will. There was a sewage smell for awhile each day. The drains in the bathroom make loud noises. On the plus side we were able to use the balcony while going through the canal. My recommendation is not to book this cabin. Another accessible cabin on a different deck maybe, but not this one! I have to say I was not a fan of the crowds at the grill and ice cream counters. I guess I became used to the larger ships. Have a great cruise!

20190226_124238.jpg

20190226_113057.jpg

20190226_124333.jpg

20190226_124305.jpg

One improvement I think would be nice in Princess suites...and correct me if things have changed... is a dining table in the cabin....

We used to only book stern cabins , suites included, now we prefer cabins all around the ship...haven't had a suite on Princess since Club class came along.

OP if you are thinking about it, book it.....and then you can decide for yourself.

A negative I found when in a  suites is there is a lot of space so I often forget where I put things. I have found smaller cabins are easier for me to manage....now if I can just limit my luggage.

Book your suite and enjoy it!

Oops just realized this is old news....

Edited by land lover

Love suites and would rather cruise less but do a suite when we do.  In a suite on Majestic at the moment and I have to say it is not as nice as the Grand class suites.  Seems much smaller.  No sink in the wet bar and no walk in closet.  Other than that it is fine.  Balcony is very narrow. There are much larger balconies at the stern but I'm not a fan of aft suites.  Great cabin steward who is sadly leaving the ship tomorrow in Singapore.   

image.thumb.png.f0ac6d20cc5ae2147d95699ff141eb94.png

Our aft balcony in Suite C749 on Caribbean Princess last month.  Yes we love the extra room.  Worth the price of admissionimage.thumb.png.f000dbc94b34cd1d8d4313e5bfc9da7b.png

Our bedroom too.  Love having extra legroom.  Not crowded

Edited by AF-1

On 2/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, HoneymoonCruiser5 said:

Hi everyone! We’re sailing to Alaska for the first time and are wondering if it’s really worth it to have a suite? What are the real perks? We’ve never cruised on Princess. 

If you can afford it go for it. 😁 it’s only money if you don’t spend it someone else will. 😳

Tony

On 4/6/2019 at 5:35 AM, AF-1 said:

image.thumb.png.f0ac6d20cc5ae2147d95699ff141eb94.png

Our aft balcony in Suite C749 on Caribbean Princess last month.  Yes we love the extra room.  Worth the price of admissionimage.thumb.png.f000dbc94b34cd1d8d4313e5bfc9da7b.png

Our bedroom too.  Love having extra legroom.  Not crowded

• Didn’t C749 have that fan motor running all the time that you could hear when you stepped out on your balcony.  Or I could be wrong. It might have been on a higher deck. It drove me crazy🤔

12 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

If you can afford it go for it. 😁 it’s only money if you don’t spend it someone else will. 😳

Tony

We are spending the kid's inheritance!

53 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:
  • Didn’t C749 have that fan motor running all the time that you could hear when you stepped out on your balcony.  Or I could be wrong. It might have been on a higher deck. It drove me crazy🤔

Yes the fan was there. It was like a white noise machine. Not a big deal for me. 

On 4/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, AF-1 said:

kenexx,  are you saying your suite on Majestic is smaller than a comparable suite on a grand class ship?

Sure am.  Not in an aft suite so don't know how they compare but the PH is smaller than ones we've had on grand class and the Coral.

2 hours ago, kenexx said:

Sure am.  Not in an aft suite so don't know how they compare but the PH is smaller than ones we've had on grand class and the Coral.

how are the PH suites on grand class , we will be on the CB - nice wood furniture with pads? enough room for a nice UBD for 2 ?

3 hours ago, kenexx said:

Interesting about the size difference;  thank you

50 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how are the PH suites on grand class , we will be on the CB - nice wood furniture with pads? enough room for a nice UBD for 2 ?

Grand Class PH suites are very nice;  are you in a aft suite or midship one? If you see above in post #87; that is our bedroom and balcony.  we were aft on CB

Edited by AF-1

All of you cruisers who like full suites need to knock it off.  Go back to booking mini-suites.  You will save a lot of money.  The drop in demand for full suites will cause Princess to lower the price.  That will save me a lot of money when I book a suite.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Voljeep,   have a great time on your cruise and in your suite

thanks - our first time - only for 4 days and plan on enjoying every minute and as many of the perks that

we can ... may not even get off the ship in Cozumel as we have been there , done that ... learned a lot about the suites here on CC from you, CJKids, and others

much appreciated