NCL Website

Smokey596

I'm getting a little tired of the NCL website never working when I want to plan or purchase something. First, it took several DAYS before it would accept my bid on an upgrade after they offered me the opportunity. Now I have excursions in my shopping cart and go through the entire payment process only to have it go right back to my cart and want me to start the payment process again. I've done it twice now. Really..it shouldn't be that hard to allow me to buy something from them. Anyone else have trouble with the site lately?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smokey596 said:

I'm getting a little tired of the NCL website never working when I want to plan or purchase something. First, it took several DAYS before it would accept my bid on an upgrade after they offered me the opportunity. Now I have excursions in my shopping cart and go through the entire payment process only to have it go right back to my cart and want me to start the payment process again. I've done it twice now. Really..it shouldn't be that hard to allow me to buy something from them. Anyone else have trouble with the site lately?

Try clearing your cookies. 

On 2/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, cddclcruiser2011 said:

Try clearing your cookies. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but it was a no go. Different browsers didn't work. And the NCL app didn't work. However, the next day I was able to finally get them booked. It's just frustrating.

The only other line I've been on was Carnival, and I loved their app, especially while on board. Does anyone know if the NCL can be accessed for free on board like that? Or do you have to have one of the internet packages (which I'm not going to get)?

On 2/1/2019 at 8:53 PM, Smokey596 said:

Yeah the whole website is clunky, ncl should take some pointers from the swa website, easy and efficient 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Smokey596 said:

I don't know what browser you are using, or whether you have pop up blockers enabled, but try Firefox or Chrome if you haven't done that yet. A number of web sites don't play nice with the Microsoft browsers.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, Smokey596 said:

The only other line I've been on was Carnival, and I loved their app, especially while on board. Does anyone know if the NCL can be accessed for free on board like that? Or do you have to have one of the internet packages (which I'm not going to get)?

You can access the NCL app without charge while on board. You will have to connect to the network, but you do not have to buy a package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokey596 said:

Thanks for the info on using the app on board, everyone!

As for the NCL website, it hasn't matter which browser I'm using. And others had the same issue around the time I was trying to bid on an upgrade. :classic_wink:

The upgrade bids aren’t automatic..it could take days or weeks for them to decide to accept or not. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

On February 1, 2019 at 11:37 PM, casofilia said:

We have a Confirmation email for a shorex on debarkation at Tarragona to get to Barcelona Airport.  Today it is no longer to be found on "My Holiday Home" "Explore and Plan" shore excursions.  A shambles again.

Before our Jan 13 Spirit Canary Islands cruise we bought a disembarkation shore ex to Montserrat from Barcelona. I had the printout of the confirmation e-mail, so all was well. We had to go to  the shore ex desk on board and indicate whether we wanted airport, NCL hotel or Catalanya square drop off. Then the associate printed the (yellow) tour tickets. Later I went back to the desk because the tour did not appear on the NCL app, but was assured that all was in order and the app sometimes does not show everything.

One of our perks was the $50 shore excursion credit and I didn't know whether it would be given at the end of the cruise, but it showed the night before disembarkation, probably because all accounts were settled. We were very pleased with the promptness and accuracy in handling of the onboard account. Even received a refund check in the mail yesterday.

We had a wonderful tour of Montserrat Monastery and were dropped off at the airport around 2pm and from there caught the free hotel shuttle to our hotel (TRYP Aeropuerto Barcelona, a Melia group hotel). Next morning the shuttle drove us back to the airport for our nonstop flight to Miami.

Here a concern concerning flights. We have flown to Europe regularly for over 40 years and have some idea of cost. So when we found a nonstop American Airlines Miami-Barcelona flight for around 600-700, we jumped on it and upgraded to Premium Economy (roomy seats + other perks) still for around 800/pp, couldn't believe that there were so many empty seats. I do our own planning, so no agent giving me 'a good deal', maybe more folks would spend an extra 100 or so, if it meant not having to fly all over the US before even getting across the pond. There were 2000 people on our cruise alone. That flight should have been fully booked. Just saying, so they continue that route, which was nice in January, making for better flying conditions.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The upgrade bids aren’t automatic..it could take days or weeks for them to decide to accept or not. 

I understand that. The problem is that it was not letting me (or other users) bid at all, even after receiving an invitation. It took us through the whole process but would never finalize the bid.