Singapore- can you board Celebrity Millennium at 2 am?

Kaylas Mom

I have a question for anyone anyone who has done previous Celebrity cruises out of Singapore.  With this nice itinerary having the first night as an overnight in Singapore, My husband  isn’t planning to fly in until midnight on Saturday/Sunday.   (I will have gone a few days earlier to explore Singapore on my own)   Does anyone know if he will be able to check in/board the ship at maybe 1or 2 in the morning Sunday?  Or should he book a hotel until the morning?  

Probably not... even though the the gangway is open all night long, it’s just manned by security personnel, not check in people. I would say, he‘d have to wait till later in the morning.

• Thanks 1

Please contact Celebrity and request an "embarkation day/time exception" to be granted. They will give you the email address and you'll have to request it in writing for your husband. If they grant the request they will send it to you in writing, this will give you specific instructions on when he can board and the process. He'll need to have this printed out and with him. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/3/2019 at 5:44 AM, terry&mike said:

Please contact Celebrity and request an "embarkation day/time exception" to be granted. They will give you the email address and you'll have to request it in writing for your husband. If they grant the request they will send it to you in writing, this will give you specific instructions on when he can board and the process. He'll need to have this printed out and with him. 

Do you have personal experience doing this with Celebrity or RCI ?

10 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I have personal experience doing this with RCI and with Princess, but not with Celebrity.

Thanks so much....this is often a question many of us have had. We've done this on Celebrity Eclipse in Dublin. We actually got to the ship around 6:00pm but noticed many coming onboard with luggage much later in the evening. We're due to do this also in October in Quebec City with RCI Adventure and have read that you must arrive by 4:30pm that first night to be allowed onboard or will have to wait until the next morning. It made us rethink our plans and arrive a day ahead.

I appreciate your personal experience and your contact info for this situation.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks so much....this is often a question many of us have had. We've done this on Celebrity Eclipse in Dublin. We actually got to the ship around 6:00pm but noticed many coming onboard with luggage much later in the evening. We're due to do this also in October in Quebec City with RCI Adventure and have read that you must arrive by 4:30pm that first night to be allowed onboard or will have to wait until the next morning. It made us rethink our plans and arrive a day ahead.

I appreciate your personal experience and your contact info for this situation.

I'm not saying they will always grant what you are requesting, or that the instructions on boarding will be for when you want, but that this is the process to request an exception. In the case of Princess, the exception was denied and so we altered our plans. In the case of Royal the exception was granted and specific instructions were given to us in writing. In both cases, we emailed the department that handles this and it took several days for a response.