Enjoying the Beverage Package from your Cabin

Hi guys :-)

I have read many conversations about drink packages.

No one seems to be asking the question I have:  How do you enjoy the drink package in your room?

When I am in a cabin with a balcony - I am there most of the time.

I want to enjoy my cocktails while watching the ocean go by!  

It seems, to use the drink package, you have to go out and get the drink.

Aside from asking the bartenders to give me drinks with caps on them what else is there to do?

Most drinks with caps or tops are beer and maybe a mini champagne?

How do I enjoy my drink package from my balcony?

Any thoughts regarding this?

Thanks so much!

Edited by NextLevelPlease
typo

50 minutes ago, NextLevelPlease said:

Yes, thank you.

Would they allow a bucket of beer to take to the room?

You can take anything to your cabin, it's getting it delivered that is the issue. (I often had at least a partial bucket of beer in my cabin and the steward would keep ice in it for me.) (And the bucket of beer might not be available on the beverage package.)

Edited by sparks1093

8 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

(I often had at least a partial bucket of beer in my cabin and the steward would keep ice in it for me.) (And the bucket of beer might not be available on the beverage package.)

Well that is what I would like to have too.

I guess there is no getting around the notion of collecting drinks and bringing them back to the room.

Thanks for your input!

8 hours ago, NextLevelPlease said:

Well that is what I would like to have too.

I guess there is no getting around the notion of collecting drinks and bringing them back to the room.

Thanks for your input!

You could kind of put your own bucket together. Throughout the day swing by a bar and grab a beer, asking the bartender not to open it. You can probably get a bucket from the steward or one of the bars. Store up your unopened beers for later and have your cake and eat it too (and the cabin fridge may be cold enough for storage, depends on the line). 

I am not sure what cruiseline you are going on but my last cruise was on NCL. On the beverage package, I was able to get a double poor or 2 drinks at the same time. 

When I went back to my room, I poured 1 drink into a covered glass I brought from home and put it into the cooler/fridge. This helped with having some drinks in my cabin. The wine was still good the next day. (Not sure what you drink)

Just an idea.....😊

Yep,  You'll have to get your own drinks.  I don't know of any cruise line that allows the "package" to be used for room service.  Perhaps an "all-inclusive" line might suit you better.....no packages, but the fares are higher to include booze AND room service.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, NextLevelPlease said:

Hi guys 🙂

No one seems to be asking the question I have:  How do you enjoy the drink package in your room?

Aside from asking the bartenders to give me drinks with caps on them what else is there to do?

Thanks so much!

We also enjoy spending time on our balcony and opt to pay as we go for drinks rather than having a drinks package.  I suspect it would be more economical for you to take advantage of buckets, pitchers, or in cabin delivery (assuming your line has these) which is not typically covered by a package.

What type of cocktails do you enjoy?  If you like a simple mixer then ordering a bottle for your cabin might make sense.  Carnival has Sangria pitchers at Serenity (not sure if you can take the pitcher with you though) and fish bowls at Red Frog Pub (there will probably be a charge for the glass if you take it from the pub which would be refund on return, or maybe they have an alternate glass).  We got buckets of Angry Orchard (I don't drink beer) and they were never opened, I would assume the same of beer.  I don't know if there are pitchers of frozen drinks.

Most lines also allow 1 750 ml bottle of wine per person over 21 or 2 bottles per cabin (varies by line).  We enjoy a drink of cider and mead (honey wine), so we took a bottle of Bunratty Meade as one of our wines last cruise and mixed with the Angry Orchard if we wanted more of a cocktail vs. just wine.

• 3 weeks later...

When I am booking the drink package I try to book a room close to a bar.  That way we can run out and grab a couple drinks to have while we are getting ready.  When applicable I also usually bring a couple bottles of wine to have a glass before dinner.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, Abd213 said:

When I am booking the drink package I try to book a room close to a bar.  That way we can run out and grab a couple drinks to have while we are getting ready.  When applicable I also usually bring a couple bottles of wine to have a glass before dinner.

It took me a while to wise up, but I now do this as well.  Our last cruise on ALLURE OF THE SEAS, I was very close to the Schooner Bar.  Just ran out, ordered 2 drinks at a time, and walked back.  Yes, it would be nice to get delivery...but it was not the end of the world.  I do sorta hate to admit that I have picked cabins based on location relative to a bar, though!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, NextLevelPlease said:

Hi guys 🙂

Thanks so much!

Go to Walmart and buy sippy  cups with the plastic straws. Fill them up at the bar and bring them to the room. 

Edited by Speddie