How long can I delay disembarkation from the Yacht Club?

kelmac

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be exiting the Meraviglia YC on Sunday Nov 17th; our next cruise is right across the pier on the Crystal Symphony(maybe a 1/4 mile) --  Yes, they are both at the Miami cruise terminal.  The Crystal people tell me we won't be able to embark until after 11:30am.  How long can I stay onboard the Meraviglia before they kick us out?  

This is our second MSC cruise in the YC, and our first with Crystal.

Thanks,

Kel:classic_biggrin:

Thanks everyone for you input.  Does the ship need to be "zeroed out" before they let the next group board?  Does not seem like it was a problem for CruisingFox27.  Anyone else able to stay onboard past 10:00am?

Thanks again,

Kel

MSC in the Med (and some other regions) pick up people in different ports throughout the week;  there isn't a first and last day onboard, so the ship doesn't get "zeroed out".  We've stayed onboard in YC 'til late into the afternoon when disembarking in Barcelona a couple of times.  In fact, we've stayed onboard 'til lunchtime even when not in YC.

It's a requirement by U.S. Customs that the ship be emptied of Pax, then embarkation can begin.  Even B2B YC Pax must get off, the re-embark.  Therefore, you cannot stay very late in the TSL.

As Bea points out, it's different in the Med.  In August '18, we vacated the stateroom around 9, and set up camp at TSL lounge until around 11:30, which was the latest we could and still catch our train.  I suspect that we could have stayed longer.  We were then on Preziosa, in Kiel.

YC diss embark Jan 26 in Miami, we were supposed to be out of cabins by 730am...  and it's true in Miami ship has to be zero before anyone can re-board, even b2b must step off as the last people, they claim 0, then b2b can re-board.... I would think you could hang out until prob just before 10am... as it does take a while to get 5000 people off! and then transfer over to the next ship.. should be just fine.. Top Sail lounge is lovely to hang out in after bfast.. 

22 hours ago, kelmac said:

Thanks everyone for you input.  Does the ship need to be "zeroed out" before they let the next group board?  Does not seem like it was a problem for CruisingFox27.  Anyone else able to stay onboard past 10:00am?

Thanks again,

Kel

Last time out we were in Barbados, sorry. On our Miami sailing, yes, we disembarked at around 10 am. Apologies forgot about the Miami zero out.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, kelmac said:

...exiting the Meraviglia YC on Sunday Nov 17th; our next cruise is right across the pier on the Crystal Symphony(maybe a 1/4 mile) --  Yes, they are both at the Miami cruise terminal.

Hate to tell you, but you are right about Meraviglia, however not Symphony!  Meraviglia docks at Miami, but Crystal does not use Miami.  The Symphony will be sailing that day out of Ft. Lauderdale.  You will need to leave Meravilgia in time to get to Ft. Lauderdale!

• 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, Findo said:

We get into Rome around 7 am and i have a shuttle picking us at 12 do you think they will let us stay on board till then or should i get an earlier pick up time? 

This is an old thread and a totally different part of the cruising world.

I would suggest you start a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...