Traveling with Medication UAE - Question for Anne

EssG

Just wanting to confirm that entering Dubai with Diabetic medication,  Epipen for shellfish Allergy and Prescription Anti Acid medication (Sucralphate) does not require a dr's letter as long as they are in their original boxes? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, EssG said:

Just wanting to confirm that entering Dubai with Diabetic medication,  Epipen for shellfish Allergy and Prescription Anti Acid medication (Sucralphate) does not require a dr's letter as long as they are in their original boxes? 

Thanks

That’s correct but also carry your prescription with you as well as the medication in their original boxes or containers...

Anne

17 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

..., but when we came in through Dubai, no one asked us anything about medicines we were carrying, so don't worry too much!

Simon

Simon,

Neither have I and I’ve lost count of the number of times my handbag and carry-on have been through those scanners between Immigration and baggage reclaim!   They know what they’re looking for and it’s not the likes of you or I travelling with our ‘normal’ medications... If you’ve ever seen any of the National Geographic TV’s Ultimate Airport - Dubai programmes you get a good idea of who and what they are looking for and how they go about it....

Anne...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Archersfan said:

JUst picked up our tickets for a cruise from Dubai.  TA stated we had to fill in e document for all our medications. Is this new? Thought I just needed prescription and original packaging. No prohibited drugs as far as I can see.

The pre-approval form which was introduced fairly recently only needs completing and submitting if you are carrying any of the controlled drugs on the list that is on the MOH website - there is another thread on this board that has links to the MOH site and to the controlled and prohibited drugs lists if you scroll further down...  In the case of any prescription medications that are not listed as being controlled then just keep them in their original packaging along with a copy of your prescription.  There is no need to declare them but always best to have the original packaging and prescription in the unlikely even you get spot checked....

Anne

here’s the link to the notice on tne MOH website which also includes a link to the list of controlled and prohibited drugs...

http://www.mohap.gov.ae/en/services/Pages/361.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1i5giQunBuz_agwo-ptE1lwXd59q4msWTygnbOZf3xcGNFac45HQefNeI

Anne

Edited by Jayayeff

We're currently struggling with the pre approval form as my other half has prescribed codeine and doesn't want to fall foul of the authorities when we arrive for our cruise next month.  The on line form just stops working and there's nothing more you can do - I don't suppose anyone has had experience of actually completing the thing?

I have just started looking at this as we have a 2 night stopover in Dubai and I hadn't thought about the problem. I am on Tramadol for pain, Stemetil for vertigo - thankfully I am only going to be overseas for 26 days but Dubai is our first stop.

Please let me know if you get this sorted out - seemed so weird you get taken to a nongovernment site.