Help Selecting Hotel in Barcelona Pre-Cruise 4 nights

taylortime05

We have 2 hotels on hold for 4 nights pre-cruise.  Which is the better choice and why?  Do you have other recommendations?  I appreciate your feedback as this is the our first time in Barcelona.   

1) Hotel Arc La Rambla small room w/ window for 750 EU including breakfast or room with terrace for 890 EU including breakfast. 

2) H10 Raco del Pi room with terrace for 725.80 EU including breakfast

Hotel prices in Barcelona are high if willing to spend up to 180€ per night I think can do way better with Airbnb. Prices in central Barcelona (Rambla area) are in 100-150€ range for good private apartment. And other areas even lower. We stopped staying in hotels years ago, never had issue with Airbnb, better price and bigger property with kitchen compared to small hotel room. The only issue is requirement for cell phone to coordinate with host if someone need to be at the place. 

• Like 1

I researched hotels for hours on these boards. I finally settled on Arc La Rambla for our trip this Aug.  Mostly bc I fell in love with the pictures of the 509 duplex room and it was available for our dates. Plus I prepaid so it's costing us $390 USD for 2 nights (including breakfast). I thought that was pretty affordable compared to other hotels I see mentioned.

They also have lockers ( or so I read) which is great bc on embarkation day, we plan on using the lockers to visit Familia Sagrada - Gaudi and then come back to pick up our bags prior to boarding.

Like someone else said, go to the ports of call section and click on Europe, then Spain. Lots of info there.

Edited by erby2283

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 1:18 PM, erby2283 said:

I researched hotels for hours on these boards. I finally settled on Arc La Rambla for our trip this Aug.  Mostly bc I fell in love with the pictures of the 509 duplex room and it was available for our dates. Plus I prepaid so it's costing us $390 USD for 2 nights (including breakfast). I thought that was pretty affordable compared to other hotels I see mentioned.

They also have lockers ( or so I read) which is great bc on embarkation day, we plan on using the lockers to visit Familia Sagrada - Gaudi and then come back to pick up our bags prior to boarding.

Like someone else said, go to the ports of call section and click on Europe, then Spain. Lots of info there.

Thanks for this recommendation!  I checked out this hotel and the location looks perfect.  I just booked it for 3 nights before my cruise in June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover_ said:

Thanks for this recommendation!  I checked out this hotel and the location looks perfect.  I just booked it for 3 nights before my cruise in June.

Well hopefully it will live up to our expectations! Please come back and let me know how it was.