Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

Just on the Ruby Princess in a balcony room and noticed the small barrel chair was missing from the room - all you have to sit on is the awful little desk/makeup chair. I asked customer service about the removal and they said they removed the chairs to give you more space... I told them if they removed the beds we would have lots of room!

My wife is a little upset about no chair to sit and read her book - Thoughts...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, johnatsis said:

Just on the Ruby Princess in a balcony room and noticed the small barrel chair was missing from the room - all you have to sit on is the awful little desk/makeup chair. I asked customer service about the removal and they said they removed the chairs to give you more space... I told them if they removed the beds we would have lots of room!

Yes there was a discussion about this recently.   

They are history.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just off the Ruby last week. Inside cabin and no silly little round table in the cabin.

Usually when we board, the first thing I used to do was move the table into the closet.

Less work for me.:classic_wink:

Same here. The table goes into closet and becomes a catch all for scarves, hats, gloves, etc. 

• Like 2

Having recently been on both Caribe balcony and an outside room, I have to say there isn't enough room in either to have a sofa. And I do appreciate more floor space than extra chairs taking up the space. I must say that on the Caribe balcony on the Sapphire I did get an extra table outside. But then that balcony is almost twice the size of the one that I had on Baja (Regal)

15 minutes ago, Gayl4b said:

Having recently been on both Caribe balcony and an outside room, I have to say there isn't enough room in either to have a sofa. And I do appreciate more floor space than extra chairs taking up the space. I must say that on the Caribe balcony on the Sapphire I did get an extra table outside. But then that balcony is almost twice the size of the one that I had on Baja (Regal)

The trade off on the Royal/Regal/Majestic is the Deluxe Balcony. They have the small sofa which is nice.

However like you said the balcony is minuscule. 🙁

We will be on the Crown Tuesday, in a balcony cabin. If the chair is not there, I will be down at Passenger Services having a discussion. The room photo on the website for the Crown page clearly shows a barrel chair and table, and that is what I expect.

Edited by TriumphGuy
  • Like 2

It does make you wonder what Princess is thinking.  We were recently on the Emerald in a Premium Aft Corner balcony.  The balcony furniture now consists of two chairs and a small table.  We addressed the issue of no ottomans/footstools and only two chairs while on board.  We wrote to Corporate and copied Passenger Services.  We were pleasantly surprised to be visited in our cabin by two sympathetic senior officers.  They told us in the upcoming months they have been advised ottomans are being removed from all the balconies.  It is a shame to have such a lovely balcony and be unable to enjoy it comfortably let alone entertain fellow cruisers. 

Louden

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

We will be on the Crown Tuesday, in a balcony cabin. If the chair is not there, I will be down at Passenger Services having a discussion. The room photo on the website for the Crown page clearly shows a barrel chair and table, and that is what I expect.

Go for it. But there’s a disclaimer with the photo your cabin may be different.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

4 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

Go for it. But there’s a disclaimer with the photo your cabin may be different.

Yes, they've covered themselves with the fine print:

Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent typical arrangements and may vary by ship and stateroom. Certain staterooms may vary in size, decor and configuration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TriumphGuy said:

Good luck with that.  

Nobody in our group had the chair three months ago on the Crown.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, johnatsis said:

Wouldn't your wife rather sit on the nice balcony and read her book out there, rather than sit inside the cabin? And for that matter, you have an entire ship with hundreds of beautiful places to sit and enjoy a book. The atrium, the decks, lounges, out by the pool. It seems like sitting inside the cabin to read is the last place you'd want to be.

• Like 2

Was on the Crown..No Chair. Said took them out for more room. Said I don't need more room.

Said I would like a chair. They couldn't do it. All chairs given away. 

Triumphguy good luck asking, didn't do me or others any good and we were on a long cruise.

Try this.......

What I did. I brought a balcony chair in and covered with a beach towel. Not as comfortable

as blue chair but it worked. Was in cabin for 25  days.

Taking small table out is not right for everyone. I like the table, same answer, no tables.

Was in an inside for 20 days missed it. Put things on it when I come back to the room.

You get room service, one eats at desk other at table. Now you would have to use a night stand.

As they say..not from them.. comes from "above". But they they to hear all the complaints.

Triumphguy please go and enjoy your cruise and don't let the chair thing ruin it for you.

20 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Wouldn't your wife rather sit on the nice balcony and read her book out there, rather than sit inside the cabin? And for that matter, you have an entire ship with hundreds of beautiful places to sit and enjoy a book. The atrium, the decks, lounges, out by the pool. It seems like sitting inside the cabin to read is the last place you'd want to be.

We didn’t have  chair, either, and we also didn’t have a balcony.  We also weren’t reading books. We wanted a chair so that we could eat our room service food.  As an aside, some people need peace and quiet in order to read, so it isn’t  desirable option to go to public places with loud distractions.  

Quiet cabin days are the best! 

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 7