Universal Studios for a day?

TanaQ

21 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We'll be deciding which one using the interactive map. Riding a train is riding a train and I've done plenty of that in my day, so riding one that is decorated a certain way isn't much of a draw. I've read the books multiple times and seen the movies multiple times so I'm a fan, but I also recognize the limitations presented by only having 7 hours to do something.

There is more than just riding on the train.  It is also like riding a ride.  😄

And it goes from Hogwarts to the village.  Two separate Harry Potter areas.

6 minutes ago, SRF said:

There is more than just riding on the train.  It is also like riding a ride.  😄

And it goes from Hogwarts to the village.  Two separate Harry Potter areas.

Yep, and I'm sure the marketers designed it that way specifically to get people to buy more two park passes. My father used to tell me that if a fish kept it's mouth shut it wouldn't get caught. Riding the Express will have to wait until the day we do a land vacation there (if we do).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Yep, and I'm sure the marketers designed it that way specifically to get people to buy more two park passes. My father used to tell me that if a fish kept it's mouth shut it wouldn't get caught. Riding the Express will have to wait until the day we do a land vacation there (if we do).

Makes sense.

Just did not want you to be there and go, DARN, we should have .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Makes sense.

Just did not want you to be there and go, DARN, we should have .......

It would be more like, "darn, well, maybe next time" and then only if my research didn't turn up whatever it was that made me say "darn" in the first place.:classic_biggrin: 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:40 PM, TanaQ said:

Pertinent details, we are sailyfrom Bayonne on 2/15 and will hit Canaveral on 2/18. 

In Florida from 7a-7p. 

I know it’s an hour each way adding shortened park hours I was hoping for 6-10 rides depending on how busy it is and how well the express works. I’ve seen completely opposite experiences posted with those complaining about done days and those saying with express passes they easily got a lot of rides in. 

If if it’s really only going to get us like 3-4 rides I’d rather prepare my son now. Harry Potter world is not important in this equation. 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:33 PM, SRF said:

EXPRESS PASS.  OP stated he was going to spring for Express Pass.  No lines

I see you decided on NASA. Just FYI-from a an actual Universal and Disney OUT OF STATE passholder-yes, with  the Express Pass You CAN do a ton of stuff even on a holiday weekend. Frankly the only thing TP is good for at Universal is the LINES app that give you real time wait times, including EP estimated waits.  It is Mardi Gras weekends which means the Studios side can get crowded with those waiting for the concerts, but Islands of Adventure may be lower crowds (why the park to park ticket may be good). Those who waited in line "hours" in either theme park universe didn't plan or didn't know how to utilize the Fast pass (Disney) or didn't have Express pass (universal).

The park to park ticket at Universal is the way to go, to experience Hogwarts express both ways. Universal parks are also MUCH closer than Disney parks-walking time from gate to gate is maybe 10 minutes at a Leisurely stroll. NOT like Disney where it can take an hour to transit parks.

NASA is amazing in its own right however (and we have annual passes there as well!!) and well worth at least a day excursion!

On 2/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, TanaQ said:

I understand and will schedule the space center visit instead. 

Between the holiday and different views I’ve read I’d rather go with a safe choice. 

Thank you all!

Space Center . . . . Blah lol

I would of done Islands of Adventure.  The Multi park pass is great for the Hogwarts train but if Harry Potter is not a must, save the multi park money for a single park and use the savings on an Express pass.  You WILL see everything with an Express pass.

People complaining about the holiday have no idea what they are talking about.  Holiday weekends are bad “for the weekend”.  Come the Monday holiday, people are already leaving the area and the parks aren’t nearly as crowded.

Plus there is no school and people are off work in the area so the traffic isn’t nearly as bad as a non holiday during the week.

i know your post is old . . . .but he is 10 and you guys aren’t going to visit Florida for a long time.  If you can switch your plans . . . .go for it.

Edited by kdawg954