Le Havre rental car

crazytomatoes

Check with the rental company, but when we rented two years ago, two or three companies had a set-up a short walk away from the dock. No need for a taxi, we walked off the ship and into a huge hangar-like structure, and found the companies there.  Easy to find, easy walk.  The agent was not exactly on time, and showed up a few minutes late, but once he did, we and the others waiting were on the road pretty quickly.

Yes, and the vehicles were parked very nearby outside also.  Make sure to ask how to return the keys when you get back.  I think there was a slot we had to throw the keys through or something.  The agent was long gone.

Please let me know if I can help further.  I am just planning a land vacation with a rented car in nearby Brittany, and then to Paris for a few days.  Not an expert, but I am learning a lot.

You might want to check out https://www.autoeurope.co.uk  for rates in Le Havre.  Depending on your date, you may find significantly lower rental rates.  I booked for next October, and they were half what any other rental agency in Le Havre was quoting ($48 for a large car w/ CDW).  Best of all, they are just a broker/middleman like other online TAs, so they use whichever agency gives them the lowest rate.  Ours is with Enterprise, and they are supposed to meet us at the port (their office is near Sixt, so we can walk there if no rep shows up at the port.