Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

4 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

There is no programme out yet, but usually the street party on Vesterbro is on Thursday afternoon/evening during the festival. There will be disturbances like noice, drunk young people roaming around etc. But it depends very much on your exact location. I live close to the event on Nørrebro and is not affected very much, it's easy to avoid. But people who live just above a stage feel differently. There is music at various small stages on Istedgade, Sønder Boulevard usually, but they generally close down at midnight. The festival has become better at managing noice and garbage though, so the neighbourhood should be back to normal the next morning. Distortion usually also has other events during the festival, like classical concerts, stuff for kids etc, so the programme is worth checking out even for you. And most of it is free.

On June 5th, some museums and many shops are closed. Restaruants are open. Just plan ahead and check opening hours beforehand, you will find a lot of stuff to do on June 5th as well.

Thank you so much, Frederik, that is very helpful. My son plays piano and violin, if there is some classical performances he may enjoy it along with any activities they may have for kids. I realize that the schedule for next year is not out yet, but looking at past year's stage locations it is relatively close to my hotel. Thanks again! 

• 1 month later...

A small update on the Euro 2020 schedule.

Denmark will play at home against Russia so it means that Denmark will play all 3 games at Copenhagens Parken stadium.

Hopefully it means less pressure n the hotels.

As posted earlier in this thread the games will be on the 13th, 18th and 2nd of June. 

The opponents will be before mentioned Russia, Belgium and then either Wales or Finland.

Each team (Denmark included) will get around 5000 tickets each for their fans and then UEFA gets 28.000 tickets for their sponsors and general sales. 

The runner up´s from group D and E will play the round of 16 games at Parken Stadium on the 29th of June.

The draw for these groups will happen on the 30th of this months but we now that Group D contains England and group E contains Spain, but they will most likely win their groups and will probably not play in Parken Stadium.

7 hours ago, Danish viking said:

A small update on the Euro 2020 schedule.

Denmark will play at home against Russia so it means that Denmark will play all 3 games at Copenhagens Parken stadium.

Hopefully it means less pressure n the hotels.

As posted earlier in this thread the games will be on the 13th, 18th and 2nd of June. 

The opponents will be before mentioned Russia, Belgium and then either Wales or Finland.

Each team (Denmark included) will get around 5000 tickets each for their fans and then UEFA gets 28.000 tickets for their sponsors and general sales. 

The runner up´s from group D and E will play the round of 16 games at Parken Stadium on the 29th of June.

The draw for these groups will happen on the 30th of this months but we now that Group D contains England and group E contains Spain, but they will most likely win their groups and will probably not play in Parken Stadium.

Thanks! We'll be in Copenhagen for one of these dates. My son would probably love to go. Do you have any idea how much tickets cost and when they go on sale?

• 3 weeks later...

To Danish Viking and/or anyone else with knowledge about Copenhagen:

My husband and I will be in port in Copenhagen for one evening and a full day on the Viking Star the first couple days of April.  The cruise includes a three hour walking tour for the morning and then we will be free for the entire afternoon and evening.  Suggestions for what we should do such as Viking Museum or food tour....is there a hop on hop off bus and is it worthwhile?  Restaurant suggestions?  It sounds in reading the various comments that taxis may be hard to access so assuming Viking Cruises will have shuttle bus or give us information on how to get around.

Also our plane leaves at 9:00 am the next day.  Suggestions for transportation to the airport?  We are willing to hire a private car if necessary so any recommendations would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, marmom18 said:

My husband and I will be in port in Copenhagen for one evening and a full day on the Viking Star the first couple days of April.  The cruise includes a three hour walking tour for the morning and then we will be free for the entire afternoon and evening.  Suggestions for what we should do such as Viking Museum or food tour....is there a hop on hop off bus and is it worthwhile?  Restaurant suggestions?  It sounds in reading the various comments that taxis may be hard to access so assuming Viking Cruises will have shuttle bus or give us information on how to get around.

Also our plane leaves at 9:00 am the next day.  Suggestions for transportation to the airport?  We are willing to hire a private car if necessary so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I would also like to hear about  private airport transport.  

13 hours ago, marmom18 said:

Taxis aren't necessarily hard to come by.  They're just expensive.  Depending on where you're coming from, public transportation may be a viable option to the airport.  It's almost certainly a good option for getting around the city to the various sights unless you just enjoy riding a HOHO bus.  We used a combo of trains, metro, and buses from the airport, all around the city, and to the port.  

@marmom18 & @milolii,

I would recommend public transportation for travelling between the city and the airport. It's cheaper and often it's just as fast/faster than a taxi. You can take the train or the metro, whichever is faster depends on where you're travelling from.

Taxis are my go-to "private" transfer service. Taxis are regulated and metered - and private transfer services tend to be horrendously expensive. There's a surplus of taxis in Copenhagen. Waiting times are inevitable when hundreds or thousands of people are disembarking the same ship at the same time, but it's generally not difficult to get a taxi.

The city centre is very walkable, and the rest of the city is connected by an efficient and extensive network of public transportation, so I would not recommend HOHO-buses in Copenhagen. I would recommend a canal/harbour tour - it's a great way to see the city - but if you've already been on a walking tour, you may not want to spend another hour sightseeing? Copenhagen has many interesting museums and sights, so it really depends on your interests. There's no dedicated Viking museum in Copenhagen. There's a Viking ship museum in nearby Roskilde, but when you only have a day in Copenhagen I would dedicate the limited time to Copenhagen itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Danish viking ~ I was just researching the Copenhagen Card & see that the rules have changed so you can only use it once for each attraction. This is rather disappointing as it affects going to Tivoli one day & another night.

Nothing you can do about it but just wanted to mention this in case I misread the rules.

Would a trip to Gisselfeld Klosters Skove be covered under the transportation area that the Copenhagen Card covers please, or is it too far away?

Thanks for any help. I look forward to visiting Copenhagen again on MSC Meraviglia in Sept.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Yes you are correct, now its only 1 entrance per attraction.

No you Copenhagen Card will cover only transportation until Tureby, the stop just before Haslev. 

Haslev is the closest town to Gisselfeld. 

For transport from Haslev to Gisselfeld you have to order something called Plustur. 

Its like a combination of a taxi and a bus, but you have preorder via the Rejseplanen app or website. 

No but my brother has. 

Regarding transportation is probably easier to rent a car and drive to Gisselfeld. 

Then you can combine it with a visit to the UNESCO world heritage site Stevns Klint (Cliff of Stevns) that is located nearby. 

Then probably finish it off with a visit to a seafood restaurant in Rødvig before drivning back to Copenhagen. 

Edited by Danish viking

Aww Jo, thought I’d be able to talk you into it.  Guess we won’t be doing that this trip as it seems too involved. Not sure we’d be comfortable driving there. 

Thanks Danish Viking, I’m the friend she mentioned as we both are traveling together in September on the MSC Meraviglia and plan to spend a few days prior to our cruise. 

Barb

• Like 1

For Next Year...

We will arrive at CPH at 1050 the day before our RCCL Jewel cruise departs from Copenhagen on 23 August. I just last night found two maps, CPH and Byens Net Guide,  + a DFDS canal tours brochure from our last lengthy port day there in 2010 which leads me to a few questions-

Is the water taxi a viable option to get to the cruise pier? 

If we book Hotel Bethel or Skt. Anne would our best option to get there from the airport be to take the Metro to Kgs. Nytorv St.?

We are also considering CPHLiving, Langobrogade 1A which seems to be in Christianshavn and nearest to the Christianshavn Metro station, correct? But I've read mixed reviews and would like opinions on whether this floating hotel is too far from the main Copenhagen attractions to be worth staying there.

I recall seeing a church from our canal boat cruise that seemed to have an exterior spiral staircase around the steeple- what is the name of the church and is the staircase open to the public?

Tak,

Barb

1) no there is no landing place (is that the name) for small boats out at Oceankaj so its sadly not an option.

2) Yes Metro line M2 to Kongens Nytorv

3) it almost only gets good reviews on tripadvisor so I think you can stay here without any worries.

Its very central so its not far from anything.

4) http://www.vorfrelserskirke.dk/english

7 hours ago, Danish viking said:

I was not trying to talk you out of doing it 

Driving in Denmark is really easy so if you are used to drive in other countries where you drive on the right side then it should not be a problem. 

I didn’t think that at all. Then maybe I should start researching rental cars. How long of a drive is it to there?

Thanks,