Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

2 hours ago, Karber said:

Using train/metro and bus 25 or 27 to get to port for cruise and return to airport after cruise. Any issue with taking luggage on the bus?

We used public transportation to get to and from the cruise port when we were in Copenhagen a couple years ago.  There were no restrictions on taking luggage on board the buses, but there are no storage areas.  We just had one carry-on bag each and it was no problem.  If you have more luggage or luggage larger than carry-on size, it could be difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 4:31 PM, gnome12 said:

I arrive in Copenhagen on Friday July 12, and will be there for the last weekend of the Jazz Festival (July 5 - 14 2019). Does anyone know when the schedule comes out? Currently, www.jazz.dk is all about the winter jazz festival. I'm not interested in the big name acts, but maybe a small venue or outdoor concert.

Also, I will be staying at Hotel Bethel. Is there likely to be additional noise because of the festival?

The website has been updated and now has a section for the summer festival and a schedule: http://jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festival-2019/concerts/

Edited by I_am_a_Dane
  • Thanks 1

The Michelin stars for 2019 has been revealed. 

For Copenhagen Geranium keeps its 3 stars. 

But a bunch of new restaurants now has 2 stars and that is Kadeau, A.O.C and Noma. 

The reason why Noma is "down" on 2 stars is because they relocated and per definition its a new 

I looked at the ship schedule for August. It is showing Brilliance there on August 10, 2019 and Serenade August 18, 2019. We are on Serenade back to back. Hhhhmmmm have any clue if there is a mistake on schedule?

We arrive in Copenhagen on the morning of the 7th. Any suggestions on things to do in the Tivioli area besides the Gardens?

The Copenhagen Free Walking Tour begins at City Hall (Radhuspladsen) at 11am.  This is only a 5 minute walk from Tivoli Gardens.  This 3-hour walking tour is excellent—one of the highlights of our entire Baltic cruise!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GradUT said:

The Copenhagen Free Walking Tour begins at City Hall (Radhuspladsen) at 11am.  This is only a 5 minute walk from Tivoli Gardens.  This 3-hour walking tour is excellent—one of the highlights of our entire Baltic cruise!

There’s also a 10am start.  I agree, it’s a great way to get a good feel for the center of the city, especially the day you arrive.  Since we couldn’t check in to our hotel yet, it was an excellent way to spend that time.

There is a sales point at Visitor Services, Ocean Quay

Visitor Service, Ocean Quay
Oceanvej 1,
2150 København

if that is where you are landing.

Fairly close to Langelinie

Nordhavn 7-Eleven
Østbanegade 120,

This seems to be the closest to Nordre Toldbod
Welcome Amaliehaven Souvenirs
Toldbodgade 34,

18 hours ago, Driftwoodgal said:

I looked at the ship schedule for August. It is showing Brilliance there on August 10, 2019 and Serenade August 18, 2019. We are on Serenade back to back. Hhhhmmmm have any clue if there is a mistake on schedule?

We arrive in Copenhagen on the morning of the 7th. Any suggestions on things to do in the Tivioli area besides the Gardens?

Wierd I was pretty sure that I posted my avswer but its missing now. 

But Serenade arrives on the 9th and departs on the 10th.

Wow, thanks for all this great information!  I have a few trip specific questions if you’re able to help?  We are arriving in Copenhagen on Friday afternoon(1pm) and cruising out on Saturday afternoon.  I booked a canal tour at 4:30pm, and a walking tour Saturday at 10am.  Would like to see Tivoli Gardens after the canal cruise.  Any suggestions for most convenient hotel for all these things?  And best way to get tickets for Tivoli?  Can we purchase there, or should be buy ahead of time?  I believe we are there on Gay Pride weekend, so it will be more crowded than usual.  I’ve never been to Copenhagen, so just not sure about getting around...we prefer cab to hotel and ship, and hopefully walk to everything else.  Any recommendation for getting from ship to airport with luggage?  Are cabs plentiful at the shops or should I hire a private transport ahead of time?

You'll have to notice that the Fredagsrock concerts take place every Friday so it can get crowded at Tivoli from around 20:00, the concert starts at 22:00.

Combine that with CPH Pride and I think it will get really crowded but it also depends on who is performing. 

That is being revealed in March. 

The Canal tour and Tivoli is located on opposite ends of downtown Copenhagen so it depends on if you wa t to stay closer to Tivoli or closer to Nyhavn. 

I would probably go for a hotel closer to Nyhavn because it will be a less crowded area during the Pride and also less noisy. 

Wakeup Borgergade, Scandic Front, Hotel Admiral, 71 Nyhavn, Hotel Sank Annæ, D'Angleterre or Bethel are some of the most popular hotels in that area. 

11 hours ago, Bama2georgia said:

We are staying Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers. We plan to go to Kronborg Castle. When we get on the train at Orestad station is that the only train we will be on, or will we change trains at Central Station? 

Are you totally wedded to Kronborg?  I say this because, while the exterior was interesting to see, the interior wasn’t very special. Moreover,  Frederiksborg Castle is truly extraordinary, sort of a Danish Versailles. Just throwing that out there as food for thought.

Enjoy your trip! 

Hi everyone!

Are taxi's readily available at the airport? We would need a larger one to accommodate 4 people and 8 pieces of luggage. Would it be necessary to pre-book before arriving? I would prefer not to pre-book in case of a delayed arrival.  

On 3/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, Turtles06 said:

Are you totally wedded to Kronborg?  I say this because, while the exterior was interesting to see, the interior wasn’t very special. Moreover,  Frederiksborg Castle is truly extraordinary, sort of a Danish Versailles. Just throwing that out there as food for thought.

Enjoy your trip! 

Thanks for the advice.  Frederiksborg sounds fabulous, and I would love to visit. However, I am set on Kronborg because of its tie to Hamlet.  I’m a HS English teacher, and Hamlet is my favorite Shakespearean play!

9 minutes ago, Bama2georgia said:

Thanks for the advice.  Frederiksborg sounds fabulous, and I would love to visit. However, I am set on Kronborg because of its tie to Hamlet.  I’m a HS English teacher, and Hamlet is my favorite Shakespearean play!

I assumed "Hamlet" had something to do with it.  :classic_smile:  (Thanks for being a teacher.  Totally underappreciated in our country.) 

I'll throw one more thing out there, if you have an entire day.  What we actually did was take a fully day tour outside Copenhagen with Hamlet Tours (yup, that's their name).  Their "Grand Day Trip Around Copenhagen" visits Kronborg Castle, Frederiksborg Palace, the Viking Museum, and Roskilde Cathedral.   It's a long day, and they really are squeezing a lot in (and certainly one could easily use more time at each stop), but unless you think you'll be back to Denmark any time soon, it's a way to see several fabulous sites.  (I have to say, they spent more time at Kronborg than my wife and I would have allocated to it, given the other sites.)

https://hamlettours.com/grand-day-trip-around-copenhagen/