Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

I didn´t realize it was time for this already but the new Pier E opens at the airport today.

The only thing I know is that it will handle Non Schengen flights but I don´t know it that includes US flights.

One thing I know for sure is that it will reduce the lines for passport control at the current Pier C, Pier C is the only pier that can handle non Schengen flights at the moment (well, besides the low cost pier)

I will try to look tomorrow to see witch flights depart from Pier E.

Edited by Danish viking

4 hours ago, Danish viking said:

For a stopover I don't think you need to clear costoms but other guest may be more specific about this. 

Also a taxi ride from Langelinie to Rådhuspladsen should not take more than 10 minutes and bus 26 will take you almost directly from the pier to Rådhuspladsen in 21 minutes

Thanks Danish Viking, very helpful!

So Pier E was taken into use today. 

So far I think it was a soft opening because none of the first flights needed to use the border control facilities. 

The flights were to Wroclaw, Hamburg, Bruxelles, Haugesund and Bornholm. 

Its going to be fun to see what the first non Schengen flights will be. 

Quick update from Oceankaj, I will probably post pictures later.

Both 25 and 27 was running all the time so no worries there. 

But 25 stops up at Folke Bernadottes Allé  (bus stop near Oslo Plads at the front of the station and not where 27 stops, so don't be surprised if you see 25 drive by on the road. 

Only Norwegian Pearl was in port (Getaway arrived later) so plenty of room in the busses and no lines for taxies. 

There are 2 ticket machines located close to the bus stop where you can use credit cards. 

From what I could see it only sold 2 zone, 3 zone (airport) and the small and big 24 hour card. 

You can also get Copenhagen Card at the kiosk know, I don't know if it's a new thing. 

What else.... 

Yes Norwegian Getaway is fricking huuuuge. 🙂

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, dillie said:

Hello Danish viking I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions?. My family & I are on Celebrity Silhouette stopping overnight in Copenhagen 4th and 5th June have booked Hop on hop off tour passes With Tivoli Gardens passes we can’t wait. But we have a couple questions if that’s ok. We have worked out the hop on hop off buses will have stopped by the time we’ve finished at Tivoli and thought we’d get a taxi back to the ship at Oceankaj. Do you recommend a taxi company? Should we prebook a taxi? Are there taxis near Tivoli we can get?. How much roughly for 4 adults?. Also we have a collapsible wheelchair that folds in the boot of a car. 

Thanks Dillie

Can you get on the hop on hop off buses from Oceankaj? Thanks!

As promised, here is the photos from my trip.

Finding the 27 bus stop  at Østerport is very easy.

Turn your back to the main ticket hall and use this bridge instead.

48024194073_dcd429a58b_b.jpg

Yes the elevator is not in function 🙂

48024191833_1d12a449b2_b.jpg

Sadly no 25 bus from here

48024191133_fc9153e4d6_b.jpg

Bus 25 stops at the bus stop at Folke Bernadottes Alle on the intersection at Grønningen  and Oslo Plads. 

• Like 2

We have an evening flight when we return from our cruise. Would like to explore the city some, but not sure what to do about our luggage. When we had the same situation in Miami, we rented a car for the day and drove around and kept the luggage in the trunk. Would this be practical in Copenhagen? 

Any other suggestions? 

Car rental in Copenhagen is very expensive and I don't know if you can get your car delivered to thd pier. 

Best option is to get a taxi to the central station, keep your luggage in the storage boxes and explore the town from there. 

When its time to head for the airport you simply just pick up your luggage and then take the airport train that runs every 10th minute. 

@LoraJ I'll add that having a car in Copenhagen is a hassle. The city is not designed for cars: There's a lot of one-way streets and pedestrians only zones in the city centre, and parking is limited and expensive in most of the city.

I second everything Danish viking suggested. You can find info about the luggage storage facility at Copenhagen Central Station here: https://en.hovedbanen.dk/dsb-on-central-station/baggage-and-lost-property/.

There's also the luggage transfer service www.airluggage.dk. I haven't used them myself, but from what I've read and heard about them, they are getting positive reviews.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:06 PM, Gracelovescruising said:

Dear Danish Viking,

You helped me three years ago with a couple of questions for a Baltic Cruise and again coming for Norwegian Fjords in a few days time! I would appreciate your help again so very much! Thank you😉

(1)  On Sunday 19th May I need to get from the Skt Petri Hotel in København to Ocean Kai , could you please guide me on transport, was hoping to get bus/train. I was trying to calculate taxi costs but was not successful in finding out.

(2)  On Sunday 26th May I need to get from Ocean Kai to Absalon Hotel in København

Many thanks in advance, really appreciate it.

Grace

Gracelovecruising  just getting to read all the post and saw where you were staying at Absalon  hotel in Copenhagen, we will be their next year and looking at this hotel, what can you tell me about the hotel Pro, and Con and location to City Center walkable?

1 hour ago, I_am_a_Dane said:

@LoraJ I'll add that having a car in Copenhagen is a hassle. The city is not designed for cars: There's a lot of one-way streets and pedestrians only zones in the city centre, and parking is limited and expensive in most of the city.

I second everything Danish viking suggested. You can find info about the luggage storage facility at Copenhagen Central Station here: https://en.hovedbanen.dk/dsb-on-central-station/baggage-and-lost-property/.

There's also the luggage transfer service www.airluggage.dk. I haven't used them myself, but from what I've read and heard about them, they are getting positive reviews.

Thank you both! I will look into that. The ship has an excursion, but it isn't long enough and we would rather explore the city than city at the airport for 5 hours. 

Just returned from a June 2-9 sailing on Serenade of the Seas with two nights pre-crusie in Copenhagen.  Many thanks to Danish Viking and others who answered my pre-crusie questions and gave some excellent advice and recommendations. Train from airport to Central Station couldn't have been easier.  Attendants at the ticket machines were very helpful. We purchased 24 hour  city pass small which came in handy as we also used the bus a few times. Anderson Hotel was everything we needed and very centrally located for our needs - less than 10 minute walk to Tivoli and close to the start of our bike tour - which we greatly enjoyed. Used airport ATM to get a few Krona and the exchange rate was spot on - I noticed if you requested euro that the exchange rate was poor.  We were concerned about a 10:40 am return flight with our ship docking at 7 am, but had no problem.  We were off the ship and in a taxi by 7:13 and were at the airport within 30 minutes.  Cost of taxi was $74.  FYI - we were on a British Airways flight and actually had to wait over an hour at the check-in counter for it to open as they do not open until 2 hours before flight.  Two Security checks - little wait at either despite numerous passengers in line. Overall great experience and absolutely loved Copenhagen!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dlwfarm said:

We have a day in port here and we want to take the bus 26 to city hall.  How do I pay for this?  Does it take credit cards?   Thanks

No Danish kroners and preferably in small bills like 50 or 100 kroner bills.

200 kroner notes might work but I´m sure that 500 and 1000 kroner notes is to much.

Thanks for the advice on my earlier question, but I have another.  

Is there a place to use credit cards near the bus pickup , bus 26 to city center, where the brilliance of the sea docks.  I heard that it is at c190 Langelinie.  

If there is a place to purchase tickets using credit cards, which ticket do I get and how much does it cost?  Thnak you.  Mary

You need a 2 zone ticket that costs 25 kroner. 

I haven't seen a ATM at Langeliniekaj so you will probably need to get some Danish kroners from your local bank or onboard the ship (but that is most likely way more expensive) 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, telebax51 said:

Gracelovecruising  just getting to read all the post and saw where you were staying at Absalon  hotel in Copenhagen, we will be their next year and looking at this hotel, what can you tell me about the hotel Pro, and Con and location to City Center walkable?

Fantastic location for airport, one minute walk to station and there in 14 minutes.

Think too far to walk to town center but again near station so one or two stops and in. I got train in.

I really liked the hotel, area a little run down but was fine, about 20/25 minute walk I think into city if I recall right what the staff member told me!

Had a room facing courtyard so was quiet

Lovely breakfast

No air conditioning but loads of windows

For Copenhagen price was great I thought