Cruise Critic Community
Danish viking

Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

4 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

There is no programme out yet, but usually the street party on Vesterbro is on Thursday afternoon/evening during the festival. There will be disturbances like noice, drunk young people roaming around etc. But it depends very much on your exact location. I live close to the event on Nørrebro and is not affected very much, it's easy to avoid. But people who live just above a stage feel differently. There is music at various small stages on Istedgade, Sønder Boulevard usually, but they generally close down at midnight. The festival has become better at managing noice and garbage though, so the neighbourhood should be back to normal the next morning. Distortion usually also has other events during the festival, like classical concerts, stuff for kids etc, so the programme is worth checking out even for you. And most of it is free.

On June 5th, some museums and many shops are closed. Restaruants are open. Just plan ahead and check opening hours beforehand, you will find a lot of stuff to do on June 5th as well.

Thank you so much, Frederik, that is very helpful. My son plays piano and violin, if there is some classical performances he may enjoy it along with any activities they may have for kids. I realize that the schedule for next year is not out yet, but looking at past year's stage locations it is relatively close to my hotel. Thanks again!